Which Comfortmaker Model is better?

I'm getting ready to have a 3 ton 14 SEER unit and associated coil installed. I can find ample information via google on model N4A436..., but very little on model NXA436... What is the difference between these two models? Is one better than the other? Is one just a newer model that replaces the other?

The "N" in both models stands for entry level. The "X" is the manufacturer's designation for R410-A refrigerant.
    I could not find the NXA4, only the NXA6. The 4 is for 14 SEER and the 6 is for 16 SEER. The "A" stands for air conditioner.
    Both models have a 5 year parts warranty. The warranty can be extended to 10 years with timely registration.

Thanks for the quick replay! My installer has quoted me the NXA436GKA and the nearest thing I've found via google is the N4A436GKA or the NXA636GKA. I don't want to end up with some lesser unit or an obsolete model from a few years back. I'm thinking that possibly the NXA436GKA he's offering is a NXA636GKA modified/matched with a lessor coil that only gets 14 SEER. I don't know if that's what I want, or would rather have the more common N4A436... unit and it's associated coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Hoffman View Post
    Thanks for the quick replay! My installer has quoted me the NXA436GKA and the nearest thing I've found via google is the N4A436GKA or the NXA636GKA. I don't want to end up with some lesser unit or an obsolete model from a few years back. I'm thinking that possibly the NXA436GKA he's offering is a NXA636GKA modified/matched with a lessor coil that only gets 14 SEER. I don't know if that's what I want, or would rather have the more common N4A436... unit and it's associated coil.
    Why would you want to install an R22 unit?
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Many of the Comfort series match up in terms of efficiency the same as the Performance and even Infinity of the same nominal SEER rating. But they usually lack the sound blanket, have a slightly cheaper case and possibly fan design too. I suspect it's the same compressor and coil in most cases.

Depending on the coil and furance or air handler match, you can often get a 14 SEER ratings out of a 13 SEER unit if you select a indoor unit with a ECM or VS motor. Espeicailly in a 3 ton which usually have the best matches.

The N series "entry level" are essentially the same as the comparable Bryant/Carrier units. Bare bones. No point in paying for the "16 SEER" if you aren't getting the VS or X13 indoor motor. The deluxe units, start with C, are among the nicest line on the market in terms of compressor protection, diagnostics, sound reduction features. High end 2 stage can be communicating.