Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

your opinions on mini split brands

hey folks. at my 9-5 i install a lot of mitsubishi, and i like them a lot, but they have the biggest price tag so they are a bit harder to sell to people (side work).
    i've installed fujitsus because they are little bit cheaper, but they seem a lot cheaper in quality (imho).

i have some people ask me about brands like klimaire, comfortaire, lg, grunaire...
    anyone install/service these brands of mini splits?

all mini splits are crapola I hate them
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    I agree you have to purchase fittings that fit your gauges to there ports.

I have installed lots of them..... when they barf its a pain in the but. ...
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by xpuser357 View Post
    I agree you have to purchase fittings that fit your gauges to there ports.
    Not if you use Mitsubishi, they have all standard 1/4" flare access valves.

Mini splits are here to stay and their market share is growing by leaps and bounds. May as well get used to them. Especially in the commercial side with the VRF systems.

We sell tons of them.

Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    Why are they crap ? They're not all bad.

Mitsubuishi's are nice.

I put in a multi zone fujitsu today, I like them. They blow cold ( & hot ) air and customers dont have to go into debt for them. The 5/16 service valves are a pain, but not a huge one.

i guess crap was strong..... i just do not like them

yeah when i first installed fujitsu i didnt know about the fittings and had to come back with them in order to finish..... of course the job was far away in queens!!! i bought three so i can pump the 3 evaps down at once!

but i get alot of estimates for these splits because of the amount of atticless brownstone around the city and people dont want to make penetrations in their roof for supplies/returns.. so i can agree that they are here to stay

...and ive swaped out compressors on mitsubishis and its a bit tighter.. so i can see why one would not prefer to service them
    Last edited by si cool tech; 06-28-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added something

daikin is the best

Which ever one you have the repair manual for. You can't fix any of them without it unless thats all you do.

I installed 60 LG mini splits in an apartment building. In the past 2 years since the install, We've replaced 2 maybe 3 boards and 5 temperature sensors. I really don't know if that's a good or bad failure rate because there's no other job we've done that compares.

I've only dealt with Mitsubishi and fujitsu. Have had quite a few problems with the fujitsues and parts are often slow to ship for them. Nothing but good to say about the Mits though other than needing the adapters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast