Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Or maybe someone did an acid wash poorly...or yeah piss

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    It should be easy to tell with the old snout if a dog or cat has pissed on it enough to rot the thing out. You'll get within 3 ft of it and smell it, especially if the thing is running. What is the unit sitting on? A pad or blocks or ???
    The unit is sitting on An alluminum adjustable stand provided by lennox , Im sure you have seen them . It is also install beside the cottage away from the roof , which has evestough .
    An animal urinating on the bloody unit seems rather unlikley .
    The previuos unit , a Goodman lasted 1.5 years . This unit One year . The unit previous to the Goodman lasted 15 years , apperantly . They have all been heat pumps . The unit runs all year long . The owner , an elderly pattent lawyer , does not frequent during the winter . Not much info on the units performance other than it worked well .
    The alluminum fins tend to rot and flake off on the bottome three passes , the copper becomes porrus and the unit obviuosly looses its charge .

Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    What brand of unit? My brothers did the same and I was able to braze the holes shut.
    Its a lennox knock off , I forgett the name , Aire or something . I work on chillers .
    Its bessar because I repaired the Goodman before replacing it and it lasted two weeks if that . Also , I noted that the bottom pass at the tube support was also flattend at the top of the tube . So Isusspect there may have been an issue with defrosting . The cottage is about an hour away , so Im not going to babysit .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12