Thread: New Member Introduction

Post Likes

New Member Introduction

In the HVAC service business since 1972 which doesn't mean squat other than I’ve seen lots of changes. I remember when R-12 was $0.89/lb RETAIL price to the customer. Why fix a leak?
    My employer, residential/light commercial service, made me take a factory correspondence course that had good fundamentals and theory. When I successfully completed it he gave me a raise and more factory training.
    He was the guy that placed me on a path to success.
    There weren’t many vocational training places out there at the time and I didn’t realize what he was doing for me. Worked my way up in the company to service manager…a young guy telling the ‘old guy’s’ what to do.
    I don't make a good employee so went into business, Commercial, Industrial, Intuitional HVAC Service in 1984 which I sold several years later. Went into Facility work in semiconductor manufacturing. Served my time as a Facility Engineer and in 1998 went back into business as a service contractor.
    I’ve lived the change from an electro-mechanical/pneumatic controlled world into the DDC/Microprocessor controlled world.
    Guess what? The principles are the same.
    I’ve lived the regulatory changes in the industry when I started there was no such thing as EPA or OSHA regulations or in my state of residence, Licensing. Yes, I do wear my safety toe boots and glasses and do not vent like we used to when R-12 was used as a propellant in a spray paint can.
    Do I need to continue and grow as the industry changes, yes I do. I ‘work on all brands’ so there is no manufacturers representative that has any special allegiance to me or my company. Information can be hard in coming for support in what I try to do for the customer so I see an industry forum as a resource….another tool in the tool box.
    I also want to give back to an industry that is a GREAT industry and has treated me very well. We will see how it goes.
    isr410ashotgun
    They are phasing out R-22, the rifle
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    welcome...... another old fart like me
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Thanks for the welcome
    Have you inhaled enough R-717 that you fart frost rings

Post Likes
    I certainly have .....lol
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Welcome here!

Post Likes
    welcome aboard, kick around the open forums, get that post count up and apply for pro membership-----we try not to divulge much in the open forums; but out of thew public eye, that's a little different.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Again, thanks for the welcomes and the Pro advice so that this counts as a post. I've already found information that is productive...

Post Likes
    "OH MY GOD". Look I'm trying to get my post count up to apply for pro and I don't care if this post counts or not but I just had to reply farting frost rings really? I damn near fell off my chair reading that. That was priceless thanks for the laugh that was great

Post Likes
    kenny08
    glad that you got a laugh out of it
    I find that sometimes the only 'sense' I have is a sense of humor

Post Likes
    You know what I find that sometimes that's all you need people act positive to a good sense of humor and it makes for great customer service. People let their guard down a little and it can really make your life easier
    Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in