Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trip to Seattle, WA

Going to Seattle WA. end of July

any info, advice. Tips for fun. what not to do, what we need to do!

How is downtown.

hows the ferry ride to Victora.

Hows the food.

where to park cheap

Etc.. you get the idea.

Thanks

Say hello to seaton.

Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    Going to Seattle WA. end of July

any info, advice. Tips for fun. what not to do, what we need to do!
    Riding the elevator to the top of Space Needle is overrated even though many tourists do it. Gasworks Park in Wallingford is bad ass. Definitely go to the Public Market on a day other than Sunday since many of the shops are closed.

How is downtown.

hows the ferry ride to Victora.

Hows the food.

where to park cheap
    here: http://www.pacificplaceseattle.com/concierge/parking

Avoid parking on the street. Too restrictive(2 hr limit weekday) and expensive and meter rate is four bucks an hour. really.

If you are going to park downtown show up before 9am, the parking rates for all day are much less. Avoid the Duck tours at all costs. The Museum of History and Industry is all new and affordable, the EMP is cool, the Space Needle is over rated. You can go to the Columbia tower and get a way better view. I would also try the new Ferris Wheel that was just put in on the water front, and look for Groupon deals before you come out, the Aquarium and Zoo are awesome, but very expensive without coupons. Have fun the last week in July is usually when the good weather starts.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

If you stay down town it's expensive but worth it. You can pretty much walk most everywhere. It's easy to find your way around in down town Seattle and lots to see. Also lots of hills. Pikes Place market is a place to go as well as the Space Needle. If you are a visitor it's a cool sight as well as Freemont, Ballard, The locks, ride the duck and a bunch of other stuff.

If you are into airplanes visit Boeing Field just South of Seattle and see the museum. Or you can head 20 miles noth and see operating WWII bomber and fighters.

All depends on what you like. Lot so good fish places and one of my favorites is Shunooks on the pier.

There is no cheap parking in town. Parking garages are the best though and it depends on where you are.

Lots of plays, a few museums, lots of good food, tons of small restaurants on each and every street.

If you are on the East Coast the weather here will be very mild for you so some evenings you might need a coat...and good walking shoes.

What exactly are you interested in?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    If you stay down town it's expensive but worth it. You can pretty much walk most everywhere. It's easy to find your way around in down town Seattle and lots to see. Also lots of hills. Pikes Place market is a place to go as well as the Space Needle. If you are a visitor it's a cool sight as well as Freemont, Ballard, The locks, ride the duck and a bunch of other stuff.

If you are into airplanes visit Boeing Field just South of Seattle and see the museum. Or you can head 20 miles noth and see operating WWII bomber and fighters.

All depends on what you like. Lot so good fish places and one of my favorites is Shunooks on the pier.

There is no cheap parking in town. Parking garages are the best though and it depends on where you are.

Lots of plays, a few museums, lots of good food, tons of small restaurants on each and every street.

If you are on the East Coast the weather here will be very mild for you so some evenings you might need a coat...and good walking shoes.

if you try to eat at "shunooks" you will never find it. If you are from Seattle it is Chinooks, like the salmon.

the flight museum is one of the best you will ever see.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

i like sight seeing, not into touristy stuff but will do some of it, We are heading to some national parks, Mt Rainier and Helen. Than off to Vancouver than the rest of the time is Seattle.

i like good fish and like to find some hole in the wall that is has great food. Breakfast and lunch.

Want to visit Victoria island..

My stay outside of Seattle and use the mass transit or may stay in town.

Lots of good suggestions! keep them coming. Doing my homework.

Highway 520 east north of Seattle to hwy 2 east to Monroe, Sultan, Goldbar then Index (great little town for hiking, a bar, great hotel and food) 1400ft sheer climbing wall, town is 150 people. I use to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    if you try to eat at "shunooks" you will never find it. If you are from Seattle it is Chinooks, like the salmon.

the flight museum is one of the best you will ever see.
    Too funny. I do this every time people come into town and they can't find it for that very reason. I just know where it is so I go there without consideration to the spelling.

If you are going to Vancouver, BC (there are two Vancouvers) pay attention to the time you cross the border. Early and late are the best otherwise you will spend an hour crossing if noon to eveing.

Seattle and Vancouver are full of tons of place to visit and things to see. You will keep yourself busy no matter what you chose.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

What??? No trip to Forks for Twilight nostalgia??? HAHAHAHAHA!!

I grew up in Sequim and used to catch the ferry out of Port Angeles a lot to Victoria. If you got to Vitorica, rent a scooter and have a blast sight seeing!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Be sure to say hello to Kurt and Courtney.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

I always enjoyed walking downtown around the pike's place market seeing all the underground stuff. I have never seen the rock and roll hall of fame ..... would like to see that . Ferry to Bainbridge was interesting to me.

Guess it all depends on your interests. I usally try avoiding eating around tourist stuff being its usally way over priced. I really didn't see anything I was that impressed with as far as reasonable priced places to eat in seattle uptown tho.

Might check to see where places are to eat from GUY on dinners , drive ins , and Dives

I usally like walking around all the buildings looking at ductwork and regesters on the ceilings ..... at least thats what my girlfriend says

Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    Say hello to seaton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast