Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    If I am the CEO of XYZ Corporation and I want your land and there is no government guarantee of your property rights guess what - it doesn't matter how much of a bad a$$ you are - my goons will take it.
    The government in Texas will just condemn it under our eminent domain laws

Yeah, you guys in Texas have some unusual laws governing land use, in this case just replace corp's goons with state goons.
    Fox News - Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame the poor.

You mean like the Trans Texas Corridor ? Because that took up all kinds of private property.

I have two questions that someone might be able to answer.

1) IF Obamacare takes effect will Medicaid be terminated and those people be forced to pay for their health insurance?
    2) When they say 50M people now go without health insurance does that include all the Medicaid recipients that also cannot afford it? If not, how many people should be added to the 50M to make it a real number of uninsured?

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    You mean like the Trans Texas Corridor ? Because that took up all kinds of private property.
    That Corridor is finished. Our laws say that if a private corp. that is good for the economy wants your land that they can apply eminent domain laws to take it. Good old conservative trickle down theory

LOL ! Good old liberal delusions.

It was NEVER STARTED ! Where is it ? I lived in Texas my whole life.

How do I get on it ? Where is the on ramp.

It was shouted down by the citizen. Jeeesus H man.

The imaginary corridor.

LOL ! Good old liberal delusions.

It was NEVER STARTED ! Where is it ? I lived in Texas my whole life.

How do I get on it ? Where is the on ramp.

It was shouted down by the citizen. Jeeesus H man.

The imaginary corridor.
    You must live in that part of Texas that is a state of mind.

What did you think I meant when I said the Trans Texas Corridor is finished. That means any illusions of Perryesque Grandeur has gone to the same place our rain has. It's finished ,kaput, no mas, cancelled.

Go tell that to your average Texan. You know that the govt insures their freedom and property rights.

Or just if you're a unrepetant Liberal just walk on or in the house of a Texan and tell them "you're going to have to get the govt to get me out of here. "

The govt guarantees nothing.
    Example of your average Texan.

HVAC related. Someone needs to get their AC working on that side of the store.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/oddnews-...-29827011.html

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    You must live in that part of Texas that is a state of mind.

What did you think I meant when I said the Trans Texas Corridor is finished. That means any illusions of Perryesque Grandeur has gone to the same place our rain has. It's finished ,kaput, no mas, cancelled.
    It was conservative texans that shouted it down. Trickle down works just ask Obama.

He implemented the largest trickle down project ever concieved.

The stimulus. Problem is he took our money and let it trickle down to state unions and then back to the democrat re-election comittes through union dues.

If a conservative did that you people would want him in jail.

Obama does it and hes a hero

Hypocrites

It was conservative texans that shouted it down. Trickle down works just ask Obama.

He implemented the largest trickle down project ever concieved.

The stimulus. Problem is he took our money and let it trickle down to state unions and then back to the democrat re-election comittes through union dues.

If a conservative did that you people would want him in jail.

Obama does it and hes a hero

Hypocrites
    You are definitely living in a State of Mind, warped , but a state nonetheless

It survives like a snail in the desert that just got a brief shower.....no more showers, we have to kick soul brother to the curb and repeal this abomination. Only way out now.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    You are definitely living in a State of Mind, warped , but a state nonetheless
    Well then explain exactly whats wrong with my assertion that Obama's failed stimulus was actually a give away to public sector unions.

Instead of insults prove your point.

If you cant I understand. It's a exceptional individual that after all his failures still supports him.

I guess a good analogy would be polishing the brass on the Titanic.....AFTER it had hit the iceberg

Well then explain exactly whats wrong with my assertion that Obama's failed stimulus was actually a give away to public sector unions.

Instead of insults prove your point.

If you cant I understand. It's a exceptional individual that after all his failures still supports him.

I guess a good analogy would be polishing the brass on the Titanic.....AFTER it had hit the iceberg
    First, I do agree with the Obama stimulus going to public sector unions but it does not bother me as much as the Bush stimulus going to Wall Street bankers.

Secondly, I don't see either as a failure.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast