Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Working the beach area can get a bit rough at times. We run our res. custmoers during the day and the on call tech gets the beach condos at night. most days when you are on call your day starts at 7am and could end at 4 am. So plenty of water, snacks, and sunflower seeds.

gatoraid, water, and alot of patience. you know there are 12-15 hr days and 7 day weeks coming. ive personally only had 1 day off all of june. the next 7 day forecast is all 90+ which is hot up here. unfortunately gotta avoid the beer in the evenings, it makes the next day even worse. keep pushin were waiting all year for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Its 90 plus with 80 plus humidity back home , my new home is 65, California is the place you aughta be jethro.
    Lived in Texas for seven years working in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Laredo, etc. Hydration, sun protection and knowing when its break time or quitting time. Back in California now working for a busy company and loving it. In most areas of Texas you don't live, just exist for 9 out of 12 months. Staying indoors when not working. Don't care what anyone says, Cali's the place to be. If you're a good tech you can make the money you need to cover cost of living.

I was working on uninstalling two condensers, replacing one of them with a new one and installing the other in their basement. Temp was 101f. About 2 hrs into it the customer came out for a question and when I looked up, she gasped and told me I was purple... I thought she was kidding but when I went to my truck I realized I was in fact not red but turning very dark purple. I put the ac on in my truck and about 20 minutes later I got a massive headache. I called the office, and was told to go to the doctors or call an ambulance if I couldnt drive. I drove there, and they told me I was one minute from overheating my body to such an extent I could have died. I bought a mexican straw hat and I dont care how ridiculous I might look out there, Im using it in this weather and drinking a lot of water too. I was told by the office manager a while ago tomorrow is going to be the busiest day so far and to be ready to put in some major hours so im not taking any chances anymore......

I could stand 100.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by martyinlincoln View Post
    This 100 degree heat wave is kicking my butt. Head to work at 6:50AM, get home at 9PM only to be called out again at 10:30 for another 3 hours. I'm getting to old for that crap. Can't even immagine running that pace for months at a time.
    I freakin LOVE LOVE LOVE it. No doubt about it I just got home 3 min ago

But hey its Sunday and out of 11 calls I only left 1 not running (compressor is gone, run windings shorted ..) but over all I wish we would get 10 straight weeks of 100+...

Call me crazy and I might prove you right.

I do think the heat is swell but hey I'm just one guy .

I hope next week keeps up with the past 4 days....

Also I sip on a greensquall powerade with a Redline Xtreme poured in it. That stuff is great. I buy it from walmart or GNC http://www.vpxsports.com/fat-loss-en...redline-xtreme
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by gesellman View Post
    I was working on uninstalling two condensers, replacing one of them with a new one and installing the other in their basement. Temp was 101f. About 2 hrs into it the customer came out for a question and when I looked up, she gasped and told me I was purple... I thought she was kidding but when I went to my truck I realized I was in fact not red but turning very dark purple. I put the ac on in my truck and about 20 minutes later I got a massive headache. I called the office, and was told to go to the doctors or call an ambulance if I couldnt drive. I drove there, and they told me I was one minute from overheating my body to such an extent I could have died. I bought a mexican straw hat and I dont care how ridiculous I might look out there, Im using it in this weather and drinking a lot of water too. I was told by the office manager a while ago tomorrow is going to be the busiest day so far and to be ready to put in some major hours so im not taking any chances anymore......
    Go to walmart and buy a cheap fleece blanket . The thicker the better. Cut it up in to about five toseven strips that you can drape loosely over the back of your neck. Get a mid sized cooler and mix ice, water and 1/t lb of salt soak the neckerchiefs in the water . Take them out one at a time and use untill it no longer helps then trade for a fresh cool one.it help tremendously. always always hydrate at night like a half gallon before you go to sleep. I usually fill an old tea jug up with water and sip one glass at a time till its gone or I fall asleep.
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    I thought all Texas contractors hired illegal aliens to do their grunt work?
    Arkansas contractors do, at least up my way.We have a few Hispanic owned companies here.

The only nationality that will not hit a pud here are the Marshallese. If it comes to drinking,and fighting,they're good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by roofdude View Post
    Lived in Texas for seven years working in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Laredo, etc. Hydration, sun protection and knowing when its break time or quitting time. Back in California now working for a busy company and loving it. In most areas of Texas you don't live, just exist for 9 out of 12 months. Staying indoors when not working. Don't care what anyone says, Cali's the place to be. If you're a good tech you can make the money you need to cover cost of living.

nope, just steers & queers out here, haven't you heard?. besides you don't want to be mistaken for yet another booger eatin loser that pulled a geographic because he failed to identify his basic malfunction in life. but hey.. if you do come out be sure to have a map to the stars hanging out of your pocket and throw the phrase "cali" around alot so we know who you are.
    i was born under a wandrin star.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123