Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    water, snacks, staying calm, and an air conditioned truck to cool down in between calls

oh yea staying skinny and sun screan

Gotta have some shade ( beach umbrella ) and lots of ice water to drink and to dunk the towel that is draped around my neck in. Oh and my 2 portable fans to keep the hot air moving over you when you have to set up and work in the attic or in the sun. Got to find my straw hat too. I love the heat, its time to cut some wheat!

Water in the day, beer at night.

You know, for a day-to-day life that involves baking in a 130* attic and frying in the 108* sun for half the year, there sure are a lot of fat techs in Texas.
    "Every mathematician knows it is impossible to understand an elementary course in thermodynamics."

-V.I. Arnold

I thought all Texas contractors hired illegal aliens to do their grunt work?

Went from working in a kitchen all day around 130 to a nice cool 110 and a ridiculous amount of water.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    I thought all Texas contractors hired illegal aliens to do their grunt work?
    Hey, work smarter not harder, only for installs. Most all of the Techs I see at the supply houses are white folks, you don't see many Mexican techs, and never see any black installers or techs, well in Houston anyway.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Im gonna clean out my little cooler this week and begin looking for a better one....

Thinking about buying one of those yellow three gallon water coolers and just using it as a cooler for bottled water and drinks.

I had one years ago and it would hold ice water for a few days..... my present cooler is good for a bag of ice for 1.5 days.....

I got pretty ill last friday.....swimmy headed....the splats.... ( I hope I dont have to explain that one...lol )...... think I was dehydrated.

This week was kinda bad but the two places I worked had free gatorade to drink so I stayed pretty much liquid filled all week. Heat still got to me though as I was on a roof pretty much all week

I dont think I am supposed to drink gatorade cause of the sodium so Im gonna have to get me some bottled water and maybe a couple of soft drinks for the sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by rmuntz View Post
    For residential???? Sorry, 8-5, resi is not an emergency.
    no, not in canada.
    i was born under a wandrin star.

here's the product i use, kinda pricey but one jar lasts the summer. gatorade makes me ill in the heat just like sodas, probably from all the sugar & preservatives. for years i just toughed it out like i'm sure most all of you do. if your'e feeling sick from the heat and maybe that pesky muscle cramping in the morning where you have to work to get your arms to straighten out again you are depleted. i never "felt" anything from drinking gatorade. the first time i used endura i was sick and a customer realized it and gave me some. she's a runner and schooled me on what was happening with my body. 25 min. later at my next call i had snapped out of it. also i eat very light meals, wear a wide brim straw hat and take two 2 liter soda bottles of frozen water to have ice water all day long. the straw hat is a cheapy & has no liner band, the sweat soaks in and i tell myself there's some evaporative cooling going on. i carry the white cotton shop rags and sometimes wear a wet one around my neck if it's really hot. "golly rags" i call them because "golly it's hot on this roof".

http://www.duluthchiropracticclinic....on-lime-large/
    i was born under a wandrin star.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Many times it actually is. I have alot of elderly customers with absolutely no family to help them. The heat here kills, literally.
    concur.

ball cap (Carhardt of course) grey T with white t under it to reflect the radiant.
    White bath towel over my head to protect my head and back.

A cooler full of Spring Water.

Works for me .

Its 90 plus with 80 plus humidity back home , my new home is 65, California is the place you aughta be jethro.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast