Thread: Honeywell vav

I have a project that we are trying to convert a Honeywell system. I have about 20 w7751h vav's that we put on the LON bus. The problem is we have about 200 w7751g vav's that need to be put on the LON. I can't find a plug in for the "g" model. Is there anyway to commission it without the plug in in LM? The system was commission originally by Care.
    But there Care won't accept the new 3rd party front-end. any advice?

I believe those VAV controllers aren't commissioned through a plug-in but through an actual program manager. i.e LonMaker, LonWatcher etc. From what I've dealt with the VAV plug-in was just used for configuring the VAV's after you commissioned them in LonMaker. If you tried commissioning them in LM or whatever prorgram, did you receive an error message? Are the VAV's taken off the original CARE system? I hope I can be of some help here.

Also, have you tried the xl-10 VAV2 plug-in. I believe that one is handy enough. Just a thought.

The W7751G uses a TP-XF-78 protocol. I'm not sure that makes it impossible to integrate them on the TP-FT/10 network as I have been able to communicate to them using an FT/10 interface (with the drivers set up appropriately). Regardless, there is no plug-in for them and any changes to their programming will have to be done in CARE. I would try hanging one on the network, import the XIF and see if it commissions. The settings should stay as originally programmed.

thanks, I did get an error message when I tried to commission the device using LM. I beleive the device was commissioned using Care originally. When I try to upload from device I also get an error. If I can get the device to communicate to LM I think I would be in great shape. Any ideas?

It's not impossible to integrate a TP/XF-78 on to a TP/FT-10 network. Simply buy an LPR-10 router that has the FT-10 tranceiver on one side and an XF-78 transciever on the other. One of the beauties of LON is that you can have a network made up of all kinds of different media by using routers.
    Keep in mind that you shouldn't install more than 64 devices on a single channel - so, it sounds like you'll need multiple routers. As far as commissioning those old VAV's with LM - should be no problem. You'll likely need to upload the external interface information out of the device and I'd probably select 'Use current values in the device' when prompted for the source of configuration values. All previous bindings will be wiped out when you commission them in the new network. Let us know how it goes!
    Cheers,
    lb
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

Thanks for the info lonboy! I am going to try it out next week. I will let you know.

lonboy, I can see the device and set state from offline to online but it won't let me upload the configuration from device. I keep getting errors. Any idea's.