Confused Comfortmaker package units

I am trying to get 2 Comfortmaker package units to work correctly. Here is the issues, on both units I have a low suction and a high head pressure. They cool ok on a day its not real hot but on a hot day they are not doing so good. They are helping cool a kitchen at a restaurant and have been for about 10 years. I have proper airflow clean filters and both coils are clean. When I have the guages on either unit the high side pressure is fluttering bad and is way high. I do not see a metering device. Can somebody give me some insight.

Confused Comfortmaker package units

I am working on 2 Comfortmaker package units. They both cool ok w hen only moderate temperature. They have proper airflow, the filters are new, and the coils are clean. When I put the hushes on them I have a low suction and a high head pressure. I do not see a filter drier nor do I see a metering device that I am familiar with. They are cooling the kitchen of a local restaurant and have been for about 10 years. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also the high side needle is jumping bad on gauges. And it does so on both units.

Most likely a resstricition. Metering device could be fixed. If it has a drier check drier for restriction across driers.

If they are identical you might want to double check evap coils. Kitchen units get filthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ackid View Post
    I am working on 2 Comfortmaker package units. They both cool ok w hen only moderate temperature. They have proper airflow, the filters are new, and the coils are clean. When I put the hushes on them I have a low suction and a high head pressure. I do not see a filter drier nor do I see a metering device that I am familiar with. They are cooling the kitchen of a local restaurant and have been for about 10 years. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also the high side needle is jumping bad on gauges. And it does so on both units.
    Well when you go back and put the "hushes" back on.....it would help to know the SC, SH, DT and the actual pressures. Model # of the unit..etc... your description can be from many things.

Are you a AC tech?

Threads merged. Please don't make duplicate threads across the forums, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

any grease on the evap coil?

Are you sure the coils are clean?

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY