Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I remember the sexual harassment talk the company gave us after one of our salesman hit on a married woman.

Basically, they said if you're single and the customer is single, get her number and call her AFTER WORK. Apparantly they don't want us poking customers on company time.

I worked for a guy once who got up in front of all his employees and said "I don't care what you do, but don't EVER STICK YOUR D*** IN A CUSTOMER!"

As for me, if I was single and interested, I'm sure her number is on the service ticket. You could call her after work and do the old "I think I left a tool at your house" thing, then get her chatting.

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Would you ask a girl out on a service call?

They usually prefer dinner or the movies.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Originally posted by dougfamous
    "I don't care what you do, but don't EVER STICK YOUR D*** IN A CUSTOMER!"
    [/B]

you guys are killing me!!!

keep your eyes and ears open. because i am so sexy (lol) i have had several girls hit on me. the one was showing alot of cleavage and was overly freindly the other girl was calling managers trying to get my phone #. she also had to sign my work ticket and wanted to know if she needed to put her phone # on their too!!

unfortunately i dont need anymore women at my house. what with a wife and two little girls already!!!

jeep

If I got a "look" from a girl I thought was interesting while on a service call and I were single and interested too; I would probably have a florist deliver 6 yellow roses with a card and my number. I guarranty you you will get a call...maybe just to say thanks and she has a boyfriend, if so say: let him get his own date! At least she will laugh and remember you when she becomes single again!

Don't forget to explain your a little shy and weren't sure how to approach her - chicks dig vulnerabliity!

Who knows maybe she has a hot friend she will hook you up with worth a try!

Citywide.

"I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Lifes short its not a dress rehersal you get one chance

I say give it a whirl if shes interested she will go out with you.

James you a funny arsed bastard!
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by girltech
    Go for it ask her out. I wouldn't go to her church on Sunday though and do it, she might consider that a bit like a stalker. I would do the call back that seems nice, just check that everythings going good with the job you did.

She will probably give you a chance seeing that you have a good job and all.

Good luck,
    Brandy
    Study this gals answer. This is how women think and so opposit of what we would think. 2 things stand out. One would be what a women may consider wierd. The stalker thought never occurred to me if he went to the church, but then again makes perfect sense.

Then the good job part. I use to believe most single ladies didn't thik this way. But they do, they really think about that when they may think of you in the light of as somneone they may become involved with.

Chicks dig Refrigeration guys.

CT, You better hurry and get to know her. You might be able to talk her into coming to the Convention next month.

Talking

uhhh.. so would it be ok for a married salesman to hit on women customers?????

Originally posted by davenet
    uhhh.. so would it be ok for a married salesman to hit on women customers?????
    Ask your wife. Let us know what she said.

OOOH! I SEE NOOOOW!! And here I thought you were asking if it would be OK to ask a girl out, to go with you when you ran a service call!!!

Ct, turn on the midwestern boy charm and gentlemanly ask her out. Remember though, if you've just gotten finished working on two attic AH's in the church, you may not quite look or smell your best, so her expressions or responses may not be what you'd like.

The advice on harassment is dead on, seriously. We had a harassment case within our local fire department, where I'm a volunteer member. A lot of us were involved in the investigation, whether just being interviewed or two guys with potential charges being leveled against them. It all proved to be a groundless case thankfully. Still, it makes one realize that there can be a very thin line between just asking for a legitimate date and harassment. It all depends upon the perception of the one who is receiving the invitation.

If she is desirable and seems likely to be interested, I see little harm if asked properly. Should you ask, do so as a gentleman and make certain honorable intentions are being offered. If she says 'no', that is the end of it. While persuing a person of desire who may be playing hard to get can be fun and full of intrigue, in cases of customers or other professional relationships, let it go at NO. When people push the decline is when things can get sticky. Tell her you never do this sort of thing, keep the charm going without seeming a player. If you need an excuse to reenter the premise, come back when in the morning when you look and smell best, try the 'I left a tool', disappear for a few minutes, then reappear with your gratitude and an invitation to coffee, lunch date or other. Remember you're talking about a church, so you better return with a screwdriver or something in your hand!
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

No

Didn't read any other replys either. Guy here just lost his job because of that. The young lady reported it to the property manager. The property manager was pissed to say the least. His boss almost lost the account. I may be off base but thats my answer.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

When in doubt, I whip it out.
    Luke 6:31

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12