+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you ask a girl out on a service call?

Post Likes
    If you were on a service call and were singlie and saw someone of interest, while on a service call, would you make a hint?

An example: I did a job at a church last week, where the secratary seemed very nice. No ring. I wanted to ask her up for dinner, or ask if she was single.

But how, or is there even a way, to do it without looking un professional?

Some of the guys I work with tell me to "Go ahead, ask her out to dinner". But that, to me, would not make me look too professional, and would be mighty embarrasing if she said no and I ended up back there at a later date for service.

A guy that once worked for us, actually met his first wife on a service call. He never actually told me this, but one of the other guys that worked there at the time told me after he left, so I never got to ask him how he did it.

I just don't think it would look good on me or the comapny to ask someone out while on the job.

Post your opinions!

Post Likes
    Get business taken care of, then ask her out. Not too heavy, though. Maybe a lunch date. Let 'er get to know ya. That'll give 'er a fair start.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes

Yup, good advice and Yea Pat, go for it!

As you leave just mention, "It was fun working around you today...... Could I buy you a cup of coffee sometime?"
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    But how, or is there even a way, to do it without looking un professional?
    I don't think that you would look un professional, matter fact if she is a Christian she will understand that God can have her new husband walk right through the door, as you did on your service call, You know if there was good eye contact and you two hit it off in 5-minutes and if so well ask her, I am betting she will say yes if she has no boy friend.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Call her back and start asking questions about the church.

Say you feel kind of shy going alone. Tell her you want to take a new direction in your life.

Who knows, you may get to pound the fear of god into her.

Post Likes
    Man, you are just asking for trouble. There is history in the courts of that being considered sexual harrassment, even though you don't work for the same company. I learned this a few years ago during a training seminar on customer service and all that jazz. With that being said though, if you are interested you can try this:

Go after work, out of company uniform and not in company truck, and then ask her out. You can tell her you can't stop thinking of her and would like to ask her to lunch someday. If you go to church normally (or not) try her church where she works at. You know she goes there since most secrataries work for their own church.

What ever you do, protect yorself and your company froma lawsuit and/or loss of business.

Shane

Post Likes
    Years ago,I was doing a supermarket remodel and asked the district manager out. Man she was sweet and great to look at, and we saw each other for awhile. Just too yuppy for me, and I broke it off. I have no problem with it. As someone said, just don't go too heavy.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by workhorse

What ever you do, protect yorself and your company froma lawsuit and/or loss of business.

Shane

Jeezum Shane. He's not gonna go in begging for sex, just ask her if she's like to have lunch. If you think there's lawsuit potential there, I'm surprised you even get out of bed in the morning.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Go for it ask her out. I wouldn't go to her church on Sunday though and do it, she might consider that a bit like a stalker. I would do the call back that seems nice, just check that everythings going good with the job you did.

She will probably give you a chance seeing that you have a good job and all.

Good luck,
    Brandy

Post Likes
    actually it happened here with a major chain and the mechanic in question is no longer allowed on certain jobsites and a lawsuit is pending i believe.

Post Likes
    Hey ct haven't talked to you in a llllloooonnnngggg time. Ask her out. It is all the the way you do it.

Post Likes
    Ask her to come with you and live a life of lies and deceit.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by greenm&m
    Ask her out. It is all the the way you do it.
    So, would YOU ask a girl out on a date while on a service call?

Post Likes
    I remember the sexual harassment talk the company gave us after one of our salesman hit on a married woman.

Basically, they said if you're single and the customer is single, get her number and call her AFTER WORK. Apparantly they don't want us poking customers on company time.

I worked for a guy once who got up in front of all his employees and said "I don't care what you do, but don't EVER STICK YOUR D*** IN A CUSTOMER!"

As for me, if I was single and interested, I'm sure her number is on the service ticket. You could call her after work and do the old "I think I left a tool at your house" thing, then get her chatting.

"We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes

Would you ask a girl out on a service call?

They usually prefer dinner or the movies.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dougfamous
    "I don't care what you do, but don't EVER STICK YOUR D*** IN A CUSTOMER!"
    [/B]

you guys are killing me!!!

keep your eyes and ears open. because i am so sexy (lol) i have had several girls hit on me. the one was showing alot of cleavage and was overly freindly the other girl was calling managers trying to get my phone #. she also had to sign my work ticket and wanted to know if she needed to put her phone # on their too!!

unfortunately i dont need anymore women at my house. what with a wife and two little girls already!!!

jeep

Post Likes
    If I got a "look" from a girl I thought was interesting while on a service call and I were single and interested too; I would probably have a florist deliver 6 yellow roses with a card and my number. I guarranty you you will get a call...maybe just to say thanks and she has a boyfriend, if so say: let him get his own date! At least she will laugh and remember you when she becomes single again!

Don't forget to explain your a little shy and weren't sure how to approach her - chicks dig vulnerabliity!

Who knows maybe she has a hot friend she will hook you up with worth a try!

Citywide.

"I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Post Likes
    Lifes short its not a dress rehersal you get one chance

I say give it a whirl if shes interested she will go out with you.

James you a funny arsed bastard!
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Originally posted by girltech
    Go for it ask her out. I wouldn't go to her church on Sunday though and do it, she might consider that a bit like a stalker. I would do the call back that seems nice, just check that everythings going good with the job you did.

She will probably give you a chance seeing that you have a good job and all.

Good luck,
    Brandy
    Study this gals answer. This is how women think and so opposit of what we would think. 2 things stand out. One would be what a women may consider wierd. The stalker thought never occurred to me if he went to the church, but then again makes perfect sense.

Then the good job part. I use to believe most single ladies didn't thik this way. But they do, they really think about that when they may think of you in the light of as somneone they may become involved with.

Chicks dig Refrigeration guys.

Post Likes
    CT, You better hurry and get to know her. You might be able to talk her into coming to the Convention next month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in