SNMP data from a SiteLink-12

Hi all,

As a disclaimer, I'm the "monitoring" guy and not an HVAC guy, so please bear with me for the moment.

We have a SiteLink-12 (non-e, the type is 003212) attached to several Liebert System/3 cooling units. We use an open-source monitoring system (Zabbix) for various temperature sensors in the data center, with most data being acquired via SNMP.

I'm looking to get temperature and humidity data from the System/3s, and am wondering if it's possible via an additional module on the SiteLink-12. The ideal solution would be a network-accessible device that is relaying SNMP data which I can consume.

As there are other open-source libraries for BACNet and Modbus, those are options as well. (I just need the raw numbers)

Before I ask a sales rep about what we'd need, any advice and/or documentation to boost my knowledge would be great; If I need to provide more info about our configuration please let me know.

Thanks!

SiteLinks do not support SNMP directly. In the past the best you could get was SNMP alarms via SiteScan Web for abnormal conditions. No operational data. In order to get SNMP data from Liebert units you would have to install an IntelliSlot card in each unit. But I don't think the unit can still communicate with the SiteLink with an IntelliSlot installed. Its one or the other.
    MaxBurn can you confirm?
    Depending on the vintage of the Sitelink, it may already be communicating via Bacnet IP. What is the SiteLink attached to? Do you log in using SiteScan Web or the older SiteScan 2000?
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

Well, I traced the cable connected from the CMNET port on the SiteLink. It led to a SiteGate-232, which is connected to - nothing! I'm not sure if it was ever connected, and the staff that would have implemented this have long since retired.

So, it appears that being unable to use the Sitelink in tandem with IntelliSlot cards is a non-issue. Is using an IntelliSlot the preferred method of getting the data, or is there a newer alternative to the SiteLink?

Thanks very much for the info!

How many System 3 units do you have and what is the Vintage? Very old System 3s may not be able to take an IntelliSlot. Also is the SiteLink a "one part" (IGM ports on the bottom) or "two part" (two seperate pieces with the IGM ports on the board on bottom)? If it is a one part, than it can be programmed to give Modbus or Bacnet out the serial port in RS-485 or RS-232.
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-e-fresh View Post
    SiteLinks do not support SNMP directly. In the past the best you could get was SNMP alarms via SiteScan Web for abnormal conditions. No operational data. In order to get SNMP data from Liebert units you would have to install an IntelliSlot card in each unit. But I don't think the unit can still communicate with the SiteLink with an IntelliSlot installed. Its one or the other.
    MaxBurn can you confirm?
    ~
    Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbee View Post
    Well, I traced the cable connected from the CMNET port on the SiteLink. It led to a SiteGate-232, which is connected to - nothing! I'm not sure if it was ever connected, and the staff that would have implemented this have long since retired.

So, it appears that being unable to use the Sitelink in tandem with IntelliSlot cards is a non-issue. Is using an IntelliSlot the preferred method of getting the data, or is there a newer alternative to the SiteLink?

Thanks very much for the info!
    The presense of a SiteGate-232 meant it wasn't talking BACnet, it was CMnet which was no good for you. Depending on the memory in the module if it is 2MB it could be upgraded to talk BACnet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-e-fresh View Post
    How many System 3 units do you have and what is the Vintage? Very old System 3s may not be able to take an IntelliSlot. Also is the SiteLink a "one part" (IGM ports on the bottom) or "two part" (two seperate pieces with the IGM ports on the board on bottom)? If it is a one part, than it can be programmed to give Modbus or Bacnet out the serial port in RS-485 or RS-232.
    On the lower right hand side of the big schematic pasted to the high voltage door it should mention a logic level like advanced micro. What does that say?

If you don't see that grab the SN, part number and manufactured date and I will see if I can decode what type of processor is in the unit.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

We have 9 System 3s - 7 are water, 2 are air. They are all dated 1992.

There are 2 different models numbers for the water cooled:
    FH138WUC10, SN 183060-003
    FH127WUC10, SN 183060-002

Air cooled:
    FH125AUC10, SN 183060-009

Regarding the logic level - in the lower right hand "Title" box it says "Deluxe System / 3.0x Level 10" - nothing about advanced micro.

The Sitelink itself is a single piece, the 12 ports directly on the bottom. The door indicates Part Number 166517G2, Rev:1.

Thanks again!

Your SiteLink is the right board, near the word SiteLink does it say 2MB like right next to the trademark symbol? If not they are upgradeable.

A level 10 (L10) unit is no spring chicken, right off the compatibility charts they post online now. Better check with them directly: liebert.monitoring@emerson.com 800-222-5877 and give them all that info.
    Scott Jalbert

No 2MB label, there's nothing next to the TM.

Thanks for the help, all! I'll post back any resulting solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Your SiteLink is the right board, near the word SiteLink does it say 2MB like right next to the trademark symbol? If not they are upgradeable.

A level 10 (L10) unit is no spring chicken, right off the compatibility charts they post online now. Better check with them directly: liebert.monitoring@emerson.com 800-222-5877 and give them all that info.
    Sorry to bring this old thread up but I wanted to clarify. I have a SiteLink 12 without a 2MB label. Its currently communicating modbus out of port B.

Is it possible for this Sitelink to be reconfigured to communicate only bacnet Ms/tp?

Quote Originally Posted by chadtech View Post
    Sorry to bring this old thread up but I wanted to clarify. I have a SiteLink 12 without a 2MB label. Its currently communicating modbus out of port B.

Is it possible for this Sitelink to be reconfigured to communicate only bacnet Ms/tp?
    It might already depending on how it was programmed.

Turn it off and move the ARCnet/9600/38400 jumper to the 9600/38400 side and turn dip switch 1 on for 38,400 or off for 9600. Wire your MS/TP to the three pin CMnet port on the right side. Discover and see what you get.
    Scott Jalbert