AirCOsaver supposed to reduce energy consumption of AC by 30%

Anyone have any experience good or bad with a product called the AircoSaver? The theory of operation is: the device has a sensor-driven software algorithm that detects thermodynamic saturation of coils to switch the compressor off while fan still runs to maximize stored cooling capacity; once coils temperature rises (after short-cycle prevention time expires); compressor kicks back in. Touted as a potential 20-30% energy saving device for air conditioning.

heres the website for more info.
    you guys are the experts, i really wouldn't know any of that.

any help or input would be appreciated since im interested in the product for a building i manage.
    Last edited by Stamas; 06-27-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed direct Sale link

Sounds like a great way to not dehumidify a home. You can set you fan to 450CFM per ton and do pretty much the same thing. Won't be very comfortable.

Also sounds like it would short cycle the compressor, which will reduce overall system efficiency in most cases.

I can save you 30%. Take you normal setpoint, subtract it form the outdoor temperature, multiply by 0.7, the subtract that from the outdoor temp. Viola! 30% savings.

Now for a commerical building with a larger multi compressor system? not sure. You'll still ahve humidity isseus if that coil isn' down to 50F at least part of the time.

Average A/C takes 10 minutes to reach it operating efficiency. So better chance it will increase operating cost, then reduce it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Average A/C takes 10 minutes to reach it operating efficiency. So better chance it will increase operating cost, then reduce it.
    Yup, I'm not buying it.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys, snake oil it is. i wonder how many people have gotten scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdjcedeno View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, snake oil it is. i wonder how many people have gotten scammed.
    A lot.

Even if you live in an area where humidity control is not an issue, the huge increase in start/stop cycles, and cyclical efficiency losses make it a bad idea.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I thought this was going to be another water mister guy! LOL
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Okay

Well hopefully people searching th net for it will stumble across this thread and decide not to buy, i was unable to find any info on it and website seemed pretty convincing if u dont know jack. Thanks again.