Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by perel
    It is an N coil and is centered - that's a 5 ton coil on an 80k furnace, so it hangs over on both sides. Interesting that they are okay with left side but not right - why is that?

little to no airflow over the slab to the right resulting in deminished capacity.

Is the piece between the furnace and the coil something your installer fabricated or something that was bought? I have a similar situation with my Carrier Infinity furnace and N-coil. The coil is 21" wide while the furnace is only 17". The instructions say to "field fabricate" a sheet metal blank-off plate. This seams like a potential for hackery to me.

Yes, the transition between the furnace and cased coil is something my installer fabricated. The installation instructions show a sloped transition, they were more comfortable making a box. I think it's just fine, but yes - I definitely see the potential for hackery there.

Update on this thread, for anyone searching in the future.. the box between furnace and coil was WRONG and caused the coil to freeze up. They had to change it out for the correct, sloped-sides *transition* as specified in the installation instructions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12