Still can't figure out why my chiller, whether it's the lead or lag chiller, shutsdown. All wiring seems to be ok, and I verified it by running a new comm wire from chiller #2 to chiller #1

The setup is as follows:

Tracer Summit ----> Chiller #1 ----> Chiller #2

Whenever I switch chiller #1 into BAS/FP/Ext mode on the Front Panel for setpoint control, it doesn't shut down and continues to run properly.

BUT... Whenever I switch chiller #2 into BAS/FP/Ext mode on the Front Panel setpoint control, it shuts it down and the pumps continue to run.

I am at a complete loss as to why it is acting this way and it is driving me crazy.

I don't know what protocol the chillers use to communicate with the tracer summit, or if there is some sort of interference with a port, ip, device instance, mac address, etc..

FYI the chillers are typically start/stop by the Alerton external relay that is on top of each of the chillers control box. This is the only communication Alerton has with our "CHILLERS"

Here is the objects and device instances our chillers use to communicate with the tracer summit BCU:

I am assuming it has to do something with the way the Tracer Summit BCU is setup. HELP!!! I have an old thread on this topic as well, but no one was ever able to resolve my issue.