I just purchased a newer house (two years old)and would like to ask the pro's a few questions about the HVAC system. First some specs:
2500 sf two story located in Omaha, NE with the following hvac specs:
Trane Heat Pump: MOD XR11 2TWR1048A1000AB
Trane Furnace: MOD VX80 TUD120R9V5K3
Trane Comfort Coil MOD TXC061C5HPCO
Zoning Controller Byrant
Thermostat Bryant Zone Perfect Plus Thermostat
Remote Termostat (up) Says "Evolution" on it. (sensor)
System works well without any known problems.
Specifically I want to ask being it is a newer home:
1. Should I have a hvac service company come and inspect it to ensure it is running at it's best? What will they do exactly? e.g. clean A coil, check pressures, etc.
2. Outside of ensuring fins are debris free and regular filter changes is there anything else a home owner can do to provide homeowner level maintence?
3. I have educated myself enough on this website to come to the conclusion that hvac is both and art and a science. With that being said is the set up I have mated appropriately (Installation was conducted by a reputable company here in Omaha)? I am somewhat concerned/mistified why they went Bryant on the controller/thermostat. Is there a better controller and thermostat that would make it work to its fullest level of performance?
4. Looking at the dip switches on the contoller I noticed that it is on the "1-2 stage heat" versus the "3 stage". If I am correct shouldn't this be set at "3 stage" because the HP + VX80 = 3 stages of heat (unless maybe the thermostat is only two stage heat)?
5. Does this setup have a TXV? I understand that this is a good thing based on my novice assessment while lurking on this forum.
I value all your professional responses. These reponses will help me make a mental checklist to go over when selecting an HVAC company to regularly service my system.