Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R407c cond units

I know they have dry r22 units available for under 5 ton systems and only 208 single phase that I've seen so far. Anyone know who makes a 407c unit in larger tonages and 3 phase? McQuay did, but they are telling me they don't anymore. Tried Trane too. Waiting to hear back from Carrier. Seems like a big market hole to me??? What can you do if the evap and line set are fine and they just need a condenser? In this case the chemicals in the plant destroyed the aluminum fins on the condenser coil but the evap is fine.

407C is a unstable blend. Most liky why major manufacturers are steering clear of the stuff

Pretty sure most manufactures are going with R410-A for this type of equipment. Try York and Lennox also.

Use lots of nitrogen and blow out the evap coil and line set. then install a R410A condenser.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Use lots of nitrogen and blow out the evap coil and line set. then install a R410A condenser.
    Can a 407-C condenser handle 410-A pressures?

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Can a 407-C condenser handle 410-A pressures?
    No, you have to get a R410A condenser.
    Contractor locator map

Try and find you a Liebert unit.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

If the evap isn't rated, explicitly, for use with 410a, then you shouldn't use it with 410a. You would also have to replace the txv. 407c is very similar to 22 and can use the existing txv. You should probably change the orifice, but it wouldnt make enough of a difference to be worth it. In this case, the evap isn't rated for 410a, so it's a total redo to go that route. I'm not opposed to that, just trying to explore options for the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Grossman View Post
    If the evap isn't rated, explicitly, for use with 410a, then you shouldn't use it with 410a..............
    That isn't necessarily true in my experience.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

It's a rating issue. Max pressure on a lot of older evaps is 150. Not high enough for 410. I'm not saying it won't work, or even leak/burst, but I won't put my name on it. If anything ever happened, and the system wasn't used as rated, I hope your insurance is paid up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Grossman View Post
    It's a rating issue. Max pressure on a lot of older evaps is 150. Not high enough for 410. I'm not saying it won't work, or even leak/burst, but I won't put my name on it. If anything ever happened, and the system wasn't used as rated, I hope your insurance is paid up!
    When York started to make R410 condensers. they didn't make any special coils for r410A. they just tested their old coils at 400 PSIG. the coils held, so york said their rated for R410A.

The old R22 coils were made thicker then the new coils made for R410A.
    Contractor locator map

Don't like 407c......wait I hate it.

As far as older coils having a max 150psi rating......I'm not familiar with that. So let's say that old coil sees above 83 degrees.....like after a hot air furnace, then it's above it max design rating?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No, you have to get a R410A condenser.
    My bad I meant can the 407-C evaporator, not condenser, since that is what he is replacing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast