Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hmmm..do you work for custom ?

Compessor being oversized runs higher head under normal loads.

High ambient and high load doesn't improve that. Its just a bad idea.

I work for Nance.

And I'm not sure for the reasoning behind that other then some engineer pencil whipping something.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Can you do a fellow SCR AC tech a solid and ask around. Maybe you could gwt a better answer than I did.

410A pressures were 410 discharge with 90 suction. 90. Thats well below freezing and ambient was over a 100 and return at 78.

Crazy.

Huh.... Is it a scroll? And no kind of staging or unloading junk? What drilling company?

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

What makes the AHU a 90K btu unit? Is the AHU a furnace or just a fan with coils? You should see what the fan CFM rating is...

I can think of a few reasons...

1. They need 120K of cooling but only need around 3000 CFM, possibly lowering the CFM to get more latent cooling.

2. They have minimal duct work and thus have low static pressure loss so they can get a smaller AHU with a smaller fan but that smaller fan can still meet the 4000 CFM.

3. They made a mistake.

Fan coil.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340796721.102089.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  15.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340796734.552437.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  15.6 KB

SCR house ... Just so people would know what we're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by AddMore22 View Post
    Huh.... Is it a scroll? And no kind of staging or unloading junk? What drilling company?
    Yes it's a scroll and no unloaders or staging. NOV.

It's a nov rig? I thought they were just a service company.

They were set up similar to that around here. The drilling companies wore us out for a design flaw! Let me guess half the scr house is fine where the other side with the big transformers is scorching? I know the brand of the equipment i was working on. It's not the one you mentioned. Tried calling manufacturer several times and got nowhere with them. Best set up that worked well were two 10 ton splits with ductwork running the length of the building.

Yeah WITH A 100% backup

Quote Originally Posted by Crazecodyk View Post
    They were set up similar to that around here. The drilling companies wore us out for a design flaw! Let me guess half the scr house is fine where the other side with the big transformers is scorching? I know the brand of the equipment i was working on. It's not the one you mentioned. Tried calling manufacturer several times and got nowhere with them. Best set up that worked well were two 10 ton splits with ductwork running the length of the building.
    I was misleading in my initial post. They're Trane not Carrier.

What they've gone too lately is even worse. 10 ton side discharge units that are built in some warehouse located somewhere around the ship channel.

They're not UIL certified. Just a mix of parts you can buy through Johnsons supply.

They will size a 120k btu unit for exactly a 120k btu load......*sigh*

When I brought this HUGE mistake up they looked at me like I was crazy. " Of course it will handle the load "

No, because it will NOT always have 120k capacity depending on everything from OAT to humidity levels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast