I am looking to have a Friedrich 18k btu Ductless AC (COOLING ONLY) connected? The outside unit is going to be mounted approcximately 15 to 20 feet from the inside unit. Looks like a pretty easy job but the electrical is beyond my knowledge. I did run the wire to the breaker, it is not connected on either end and is currently stapled up ready to connect to the exterior unit. I also mounted the plate and and cut the whole (which is temporarily covered with duct tape)but had to stop bc of the electrical. I am located in North East PA. What is a reasonable price for a ductless ac install? I have no idea what it should cost? I do think that it should take someone who knows electrical, to snake any wire and connect the unit, about 4 hours. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

You bought it off of the internet didn't ya!!

You do know that the warranty on the unit is now invalid.

No. I bought it from a store in NY where I live. It is for my house in PA. If it were in being installed in NY, I could get it done 1-2-3. Hoverever, where I am in PA, it seems that no one is too anxious to do anything. Why would the warranty be invalid? That is not my concern. I just want to get it connected. Any advice. It would really appreciated.

Hmm:

Pricing questions, against site rules.
    DIY questions, against site rules.

4 hours, no friggin' way.

See "if" you can find someone to do it correctly. It'll save you the headaches in the long run.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Edited by arpa on 07-29-2006 at 11:13 PM]

I forgot prices were against site rules, ooops.

sorry i did not read the rules. But yes. there is a 20 amp 10 gauge wire already there and ready to go. PS I called several people out of the phone book and everyone is extremely unreliable. It is like this for EVERYTHING from plumbing to painting. I can not get anyone to do anything in this area. that is why i am stretching my capabilities and attempting such things myself because it is the only way to get anything done.

No contractor worth anything is going to bother with your installation this time of year. They're busy making more money installing something they sold. No way are you going to be happy with what I would consider a fair price for your job. There's no profit in working for labor only. It's just not worth our time.

"any advice is greatly appreciated".

Air Conditioning was the easy part for you, which I already knew, now electrical that is the hard part for you... try the electrical q&a site they might be more receptive to doing favors.

Why did I spend all that money on HVAC school?
    Still Crazy after all these years.