I recently installed an american standard 4 ton 14 seer 2 stage variable speed gas furnace. After installing it I noticed that the air comming out of the vents was very low. After scratching my head for 3 day and talking to tech support I finnily figured out the Problem. The polarity was reversed on the indoor unit. After I changed the polarity the blower blew like a champ. Has anybody ever heard of this?

That would be the same effect as if you had the blower running in reverse. I'm a little suprised that the furnace would let itself run, ours (Carrier) tell you if the polarity is reversed, I thought they were all like this.

I did not think that the polarity affected the blower motor there for I did not check it righ away and yes the control board told me that the polarity was reversed.

i was not aware A.S. was making 14 seer gas furnaces.

everything, and i mean everthing

for the last 10 yrs is polarity sensitive and ground sensitive. have had to drive copper in the ground and solder gruond wire to the end of it to get proper ground for furns.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

I did not mean 14 seer gas furnace I meant a 14 seer air conditioning with a gas furnace.