Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 41
  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    2,597
    Quote Originally Posted by KCJN832 View Post
    I just started my own company and I am hoping to get one of the new Ford (Sprinter knock off) Transit T-250 (not the connect) vans, when they come out in 2013. Supposed to have a wonderful diesel. Hope that helps you plan!
    Thanks for the info, I've been looking at used sprinter vans but I wouldn't be starting a company until 2013-2014 anyway so they should be out by then.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    My house is in Texas..
    Posts
    141
    What's wrong with all that? Looks good to me ...., lol

    I would quit. Even if you do good work your guilty by association.

    "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    26
    I'm afraid that's the sign of the times
    They don't take the time to properly train these guys anymore.
    It's all about the money ! The last place I worked , the service manager was previously a used car salesman. No A/C experience at all .

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,298
    Yep shoddy workmanship. Your'e fighting a losing battle if the boss empliys his son.

    It looks like a bunch of guys with a bad work ethic and thats difficult to remedy if not impossible.

    Fear is a good motivator to help inspire the lazy technician.

    With out it nothing is going to change.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Ridgeville, Ohio
    Posts
    157
    Not all son's whom work for their fathers are lazy techs or hacks. However I can agree that the majority are.

    I see nothing but dollar signs in all of those photos. It truly is a shame that alot of other techs don't and your stuck fixing it after it could have been a billable repair.

    I worked a new construction gig for awhile and all I did was go around and fix all the mistakes the sub contractors made. I hated going to work. So I feel your pain. You just got to fight thru it until something better comes along.

    Good luck op



    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Houston area
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by AddMore22 View Post
    What's wrong with all that? Looks good to me ...., lol

    I would quit. Even if you do good work your guilty by association.


    I'd quit, period.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

    `. .` .>(((>

    `... `. .` .>(((>

    .` .>(((>

    LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pensacola Florida
    Posts
    49
    I bet during your interview they stressed about how much quallity work they do.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    459
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340839444.929248.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  23.5 KB
    Speaking of, here's a mini split I had to finish at the end of the day.

    "Everything is mounted, all you have to do is connect the lines to the condenser"

    This is how the evaporator was mounted when I got there.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    1,083
    Get your business going and start handing out flyers with a business card while working for your current company.

    "Well ma'am this company is horrible that's why I am starting a new one here is my card and my flyer. Next time call me."
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    2,597
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBeer View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340839444.929248.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  23.5 KB
    Speaking of, here's a mini split I had to finish at the end of the day.

    "Everything is mounted, all you have to do is connect the lines to the condenser"

    This is how the evaporator was mounted when I got there.
    Yes, I especially enjoy the "everything done's all you have to do is...", lol.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    My house is in Texas..
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    Get your business going and start handing out flyers with a business card while working for your current company.

    "Well ma'am this company is horrible that's why I am starting a new one here is my card and my flyer. Next time call me."

    LMAO!!

    Business ethics 101

    "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Just think of all the experience you're getting.
    These are the things that drove me to start my company 16 years ago. I am much happier now than I was working for others as I say what the standard is.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Just think of all the experience you're getting.
    These are the things that drove me to start my company 16 years ago. I am much happier now than I was working for others as I say what the standard is.
    That's exactly what keeps me going strong every day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event