Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    They are just living up to their slogan "You can't stop a Trane". I guess this applies even if you want to.

Lmao. I scheduled the on time for 7:00 and the off time for 7:05. It worked like a charm. I was on the verge of just going to the roof and throwing all the switches. I will not let Trane make me out to be the "Stupid Black Guy" in front of the boss! I guess it's off to Columbus,Ohio in Sept. to take the controls class? Just found out that my sales guy teaches a Trane class on controls..........but doesn't know how to opperate the equipment? BS, he just wants us to have to call them in the future, we just bought 40+ units & the Tracker system, in addition to the 40+ we already had, I'm a Tech by trade, willing to pay their $1500 per class price, yet I get treated like Joe Home Owner! Little do they know we have one more faze of construction, 20-30 more units, I'm going to beg for Carrier and i-Vu like we have in one of our other buildings.

RubberDuckee says you are buying manufacturers.
    Start buying and understanding control systems and you will go farther.

RubberDuckee Stamped
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not high enough on the totem to buy anything but parts from the parts house, lol. This is my delima, I know a lot more about Carrier i-vu, but had no say in which sytem we installed in our new construction. On top of that, the sales guy is playing ignorant as far as continued education goes, and where I can get it from..........did I mention he teaches a class? I'm going to go to Trane in the Mid West where I started my career, get the controls training, then bring it back to my job out West. I'm going to hide it in my head so Trane out West doesn't know I have it, and try to charge me with spying or espionage. I loved the Trane Customer Service out in the Mid-West.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

"TRANE, I don't know you any more, you've changed, I think we need some time apart!"

Quote Originally Posted by lilblew View Post
    Lmao. I scheduled the on time for 7:00 and the off time for 7:05. It worked like a charm. I was on the verge of just going to the roof and throwing all the switches. I will not let Trane make me out to be the "Stupid Black Guy" in front of the boss! I guess it's off to Columbus,Ohio in Sept. to take the controls class? Just found out that my sales guy teaches a Trane class on controls..........but doesn't know how to opperate the equipment? BS, he just wants us to have to call them in the future, we just bought 40+ units & the Tracker system, in addition to the 40+ we already had, I'm a Tech by trade, willing to pay their $1500 per class price, yet I get treated like Joe Home Owner! Little do they know we have one more faze of construction, 20-30 more units, I'm going to beg for Carrier and i-Vu like we have in one of our other buildings.
    I'm ex-Trane, over 25 years as chiller tech. Just so you know my perspective. In my old office, the Tracker panel sorta fell "between the cracks". The service techs felt it was "controls", and the controls guys didn't see many of them. There simply weren't many of them out there for any of us to get experienced with them. Most issues seemed to have been handled by the installing contractor (not Trane). Warranty usually would be of no help to an owner because the Trane warranty would cover only equipment issues, when probably most issues were due to programming errors - usually due to initial setup (or lack of). At least that's the way it was here. I believe any training you can get for yourself will definitely be in your best interest. And if you wish to deal with Trane again on your Tracker panel, I would avoid going through the salesman. Try calling your local Commercial Sales Office and telling the service dispatcher that you would like a tech, and stress that you need one who is familiar with Tracker. Also, there may be two types of training available where you are. Training done by your local office (a salesman or tech), and training by the factory, which could be done at your local office by a travelling factory trained instructor), or another local office, or at the factory itself. When you ask about any training course, ask who the instructor is and what his primary occupation with Trane is.

Also, I believe the responses you have seen here may show that not many people are very experienced on Tracker. I see two attempts to help with technical info, or questions. First was scrooloose, unfortunately we have not heard from him again. Second was qtip, and he may still be awaiting a reply to his question. The rest have been general type discussions. Dlove gave what looks to be normally good advice, but refer to my last post to see where I expect that to go. Still, it's worth a try. Perhaps in your case Trane did the programming. But if so, again, call your local service dispatcher. Avoid the salesman. BTW, you can see my posts also have no technical advice. I have seen only one current generation Tracker panel myself, and the strongest memory I have of that is the uncomfortable feeling of not knowing much about it.
    Last edited by Nuclrchiller; 06-27-2012 at 12:50 PM.

A Tracker Manual might be useful. Should have come with the Tracker panel. I'm a Trane controls tech, I don't deal with tracker often. If I get stumped I read the manual. Amazing what you can learn from reading .

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrlguy1 View Post
    A Tracker Manual might be useful. Should have come with the Tracker panel. I'm a Trane controls tech, I don't deal with tracker often. If I get stumped I read the manual. Amazing what you can learn from reading .
    Right about that, Cntrlguy. Funny how easy it can be to forget to mention the most basic advice . And to the OP, if that is no longer on site, then ask your salesman for a copy. He should be willing and able to give you one.

Thanks guys. Some of the lingo in the manual is alien, I'll keep reading, plus call the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Also, I believe the responses you have seen here may show that not many people are very experienced on Tracker. I see two attempts to help with technical info, or questions. First was scrooloose, unfortunately we have not heard from him again. Second was qtip, and he may still be awaiting a reply to his question. The rest have been general type discussions. Dlove gave what looks to be normally good advice, but refer to my last post to see where I expect that to go. Still, it's worth a try. Perhaps in your case Trane did the programming. But if so, again, call your local service dispatcher. Avoid the salesman. BTW, you can see my posts also have no technical advice. I have seen only one current generation Tracker panel myself, and the strongest memory I have of that is the uncomfortable feeling of not knowing much about it.
    Its really hard to give a technical response when we don't know what were dealing with. This is why i said you need to get the information from those you bought if from and or who installed it and commissioned it. as an example I found this on line http://www.trane.com/Commercial/Uplo...rc010_0618.pdf

As for the Trane schooling, it maybe good to have but, really find out what you will learn. many times the classes are broad and you don't really get what you need for an on site engineer. If your looking for training on a specific system like the one you have at your school. Money would be better spent on have a Trane control guy who really knows your system come out and pay for on site training.

We had some guys go for Trane training on RTUs and 75% of the time it was on systems that we don't have...learned, but wont use it..

If i just had a system installed and got the run around from any company i would be all over them. You should have all the manuals, the asbuilts and the sequence of operations. sound to me your management needs to get involved.

and like Nuclrchiller said, call service and bypass the sale rep...get them in and sent the bill to management and have them figure out why they are being charged for this..

The units are working fine, they were installed correctly, we have the asbuilts and manuals. I am reading them, the sales guy has been out three times to help us out, he came and did onsite training. I don't want him to show me how to work the touchscreen, set up schedules or use the rover tool to trouble shoot a non communicating unit, I have all of that down. I just want him to tell me over the phone, how to shut the units down for the summer. I also want to know how and why the controls work, I don't want some tech to show me or train me only what he thinks I need to know, tried that with i-Vu. For some reason controls techs here In L.A. think they should keep the knowledge in a safe like Fort Knox, or they think you want to "come into the light", and out bid their company or something, or might be that they paid for the knowledge and feel I should too, don't know? I have 100 or so units to deal with, I'm happy at my job, I don't want to become a controls tech, I just want to secure my job, and understand how my units work. I went to school for HVAC, why not learn the controls the same way the tech did, from a certified instructor? And yes the class I'm taking is on the actual system we have.

Quote Originally Posted by lilblew View Post
    The units are working fine, they were installed correctly, we have the asbuilts and manuals. I am reading them, the sales guy has been out three times to help us out, he came and did onsite training. I don't want him to show me how to work the touchscreen, set up schedules or use the rover tool to trouble shoot a non communicating unit, I have all of that down. I just want him to tell me over the phone, how to shut the units down for the summer. I also want to know how and why the controls work, I don't want some tech to show me or train me only what he thinks I need to know, tried that with i-Vu. For some reason controls techs here In L.A. think they should keep the knowledge in a safe like Fort Knox, or they think you want to "come into the light", and out bid their company or something, or might be that they paid for the knowledge and feel I should too, don't know? I have 100 or so units to deal with, I'm happy at my job, I don't want to become a controls tech, I just want to secure my job, and understand how my units work. I went to school for HVAC, why not learn the controls the same way the tech did, from a certified instructor? And yes the class I'm taking is on the actual system we have.

I see this makes sense now. my advice to what you wrote, Is get used to the controls and read, read, read. keep a log of what you change and what ever you do. otherwise you will forget what you did. Then make a list of items you want to go over with a tech so you don't waste your time. may have to pay for a service call.

I know you would think after paying a load of cash to Trane, they would at least answer a few questions. There are some reps out there that are pricks, unless your asking way to much. But if your school is getting ready to add more stuff and they use Trane again, i would make sure they add a block of time like 8 hrs of onsite training to use within a year. I have done this and some times broken them up is 4 hr sessions. But to be frank, they want a control contract and they don't want to give it away easy. like i said, some local reps will work with you, others are there to work you over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Also, I believe the responses you have seen here may show that not many people are very experienced on Tracker. I see two attempts to help with technical info, or questions. First was scrooloose, unfortunately we have not heard from him again. Second was qtip, and he may still be awaiting a reply to his question
    Generally when it becomes a bashing thread i stop responding. Its nothing against the OP, i just try not to participate in it. I feel for you and you troubles with your local office. Just try not to generalize the whole company. Good offices exist out there.

You need to create a schedule and add members to it. The book i will attach shows you how to do it from the touch screen. It should be similar setup to do it from the software. It will show you how to add and remove units from the schedules. How to schedule them, etc.. If you are successful in doing this and the units still do not turn off then more info will be needed. If you have schedules already in place make sure the correct units are in the schedule, and that no exceptions exist that are overriding the default. The instructions start on page 95 for schedules. If you want the units to never occupy try setting the start time to none, and the stop time to any value. That should then never start it.

Let me know how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast