Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heres the deal I just want to get an idea what an individual like this would be worth in the Richmond Virginia Area

12 years experance in residential , commercial , Heavy Refregeration

Master HVAC
    Master Gasfitter
    Master electrical

Epa Certified universal
    Gastite Certified
    410A certified
    Acca Regestered Proctor for EPA exams
    Class A qulified individual

Degree in Engineering of HVACR

Can design and bluprint jobs

Can install and service as well

The Part houses around here everyone knows the guys name and nobody has anything bad to say about him except he can be a smartass and that he refuses to put a hacked job in if its not right he wont install it and fight till it is right

I have called a few of his referances and all have had great reviews , he has a very low warranty rate and from what i can understand he can sell ice to eskimos

So lets see what ya all have to say about this guys worth
    Stupid is as Hackery does

In my area, in the high $20's/hr. But everyone works different at different companies.

should be offered a partnership/% of ownership, after a period of time investment, at a price of lower than standard, his choice

either that or could be competition in the near future

grab him if you can, sounds like somebody to help build a reputation for quality and excellence
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

He's worth (to you) whatever YOU can afford to pay him; no more; no less. I would like to have 3 just like him!

Of course, after he reads this post, his price will go up! LOL.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

How many jobs has he had in the last five years.

All those pieces of paper dont impress me I would give him a written test to see what he is worth.If he is as good as that paper make a probationary deal with him.Say I offer you this and @ the end of 90 days you prove yourself I give you this plus retro pay.If he doesnt accept he doesnt have the balls or the skills,andsif he slacks up after 90 days you cut your losses.

you all think $19 hr Would be ok or would that be taking advatage , Everyone be honest no matter what it is you want to say

in phx with that experience 19 would be an insult. i have guys 3 years out of school who make 21 plus commisions on svc agrements and sales leads, but they produce 250,000 plus a year.the smartass comment would concern me. we are all very "team" orintated and very respectfull of each other. if this guy fit in our company and produced what a guy like that should, hourly wage of close to 30 woulndt be unreasonable, plus commisions his earnings would be unlimited. thats arizona though. havent a clue as to where you are. you also have to have the work to keep a guy like that busy and productive. thats a challange in itself. good luck.

now that i think about it i know a guy out there, owns parish services, he used to do alot of home warranty work, i think some of his top guys make 80k to 90k a year. check him out. nice guy.

simple math you get what you pay for. we tell customers that all the time when they ask why we are priced higher than the next guy. got a new job about 4 months ago, had many places offer me less than i was making at the time. wasn't job searching for money, but it is a slap in the face when some offers you less, it is like them saying your not worth what you are curentely making. if $19 an hour is a good wage for a good tech in richmond than go for it. if you have to ask if that is taking advantage of someone it probably is. but if you have some great bennies than that can change everything.

why is he looking, that may answer your question. if he is lookng for moore $, you better offer it to him if you want to hire him, and then keep offering it to keep him from looking

[Edited by sfry on 08-04-2006 at 10:12 PM]

Lightbulb

the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten

At least 40 an hour in NY NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast