Our instructor is working with a distributor for this stuff. We just installed it on a trane XL18i and they are working on getting it approved.

There is no need for insulation on the suction line because it doesn't sweat, fairly flexable and doesn't have the kinking properties of copper(imagine a 300ft run with no need for fittings), compression fittings so it stays cleaner inside because of no brazing, and it is cheaper.

I hate the fact that it doesn't require brazing. Takes away from the trade, but other than that it is pretty cool stuff.

http://www.roesweldequipment.com/roepex.html

Originally posted by garrettw

(imagine a 300ft run with no need for fittings)

sorry can't imagine 300 ft......since most equipment will only handle a max of 150-200 FT.

Originally posted by A/C Frank
    Originally posted by garrettw

(imagine a 300ft run with no need for fittings)

sorry can't imagine 300 ft......since most equipment will only handle a max of 150-200 FT.
    True, but who knows 10 years down the road. The only reason I said 300 ft is because that's the length of the rolls it comes it.

Have they tested it with POE oil yet?

well it wouldnt be a bad thing for install guys that run alot of piping ..also less searching for leaks (unless there is a puncture) .. but the hacks worry me .. they kill everything

[Edited by hvac wiz 33 on 07-29-2006 at 09:41 PM]

This is Turtle.

i love the stuff to death. Trane put this stuff out in the 1980's and i made thousands of dollars replacing these tubing set after 10 years of service with old copper line sets. Yes i know it will be called new and improved , but i will wait for the money in 10 years from now.

TURTLE

Doesn`t say anything on their website about using it as acr piping.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

below 150*

under safety factors. all bets are off. probably not tested long enough or under varying conditions. will not be rushing out for this either.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!