Does anyone service refer units for truck trailers?

Does anyone service refer units for truck trailers? Or, is that usually done by the trucking compsnies in-house staff?

Years ago I applied our Radiant Control Coating to the roofs of a fleet of refrigerated truck trailers for an ice company. We saved them an average of 7-9 gallons of diersel fuel for a 4-day route.

They were losing the bottom 3 layers of bags of ice on each pallet, 15 bags per pallet. No more ice lost after the roof was coated.

This had been going on for some years. They always believed it was the heat from the road and from the engine of the truck causing the floor to radiate it up and ruin the ice. We proved it was actually the heat from the roof causing the loss.

The chilled air blew back from the refer unit right undfer the hot ceiling of the truck, down past the rear door, across the bottom of the truck and back up to the unit. The air touching the roof absorbed enough heat that it melted the ice.

Does anyone service those units here?

Also did an ice cream truck for a dairy company. Had similar good results.

I let the president of the coating company know the results and he said "Great. Now stop messing with that little sh--, it doesnt sell much paint, go after building roofs". So I stopped trying to contact the trucks.

With the cost of fuel now, air quality standards, etc, maybe we should start with them again?

You are skating on thin ice here I think. <g>

I do some service on truck units - if pressed. Left on my own? No; I'd never go after the work.

What color is your radiant control coating? What is the solvent? Or is it a latex base?

Did you first, or ever, try coating the bottoms of the trailers to see what the heat load was from the road?

Why didn't you coat the sides as well as the roof of the trailers?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by halskinner View Post
    Does anyone service refer units for truck trailers? Or, is that usually done by the trucking compsnies in=house staff?

Years ago I applied our Radiant Control Coating to the roofs of a fleet of refrigerated truck trailers for an ice company. We saved them an average of 7-9 gallons of diersel fuel for a 4=day route.

They were losing the bottom 3 layers of bags of ice on each pallet, 15 bags per pallet. No more ice lost after the roof was coated.

This had been going on for some years. They always believed it was the heat from the road and from the engine on the trucki causing the floor to radiate it up and ruin the ice. We proved it was actually the heat from the roof causing the loss.

The chilled air blew back from the refer unit right undfer the hot ceiling of the truck, down past the rear door, across the bottom of the truck and back up to the unit. The air touching the roof absorbed enough heat that it melted the ice.

Does anyone service those units here?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Hi Mike. It is a white water and ceramic based vinyl acrylic.

We tried doing the bottom side of one ice cream truck but it didnt seem to make a big noticeable difference. Plus I am not convinced we could ever get the undercarriage clean enough to ensure good and long term bonding. About a month later we coated the roof of that truck and it "Helped alot", per the driver. That was the official report, LOL.

Nobody was willing to cover up their expensive signage on the sides of the trailers.

Someone else coated the roof and I believe the sides of a smaller ice cream delivery truck and they got great results and we got a nice statement from the owner. I will try and find it in my old files.

I am not aware of any other RCC being used on truck trailers at all, that is why I worded this as "our coating" and not "an RCC".

I just love it when someone puts black rubberized roofs on an outdoor walk in cooler or freezer.

Mike, here is the statement from the ice cream truck owner. Have not found any pictures,, yet. Will keep looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I just love it when someone puts black rubberized roofs on an outdoor walk in cooler or freezer.
    HAHA. And how about the hospitals that have 2 huge boilers about 30 feet from a 100 ton chiller.

Spam
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

A 21-year-old statement given to a company that does not exist anymore. By an old guy that has surely retired by now. He does mention the name of the product, couldnt help that.

However, I assume you think I sell the coating? I dont, havent for many years. I maintain the site that is used as an archive for what has been done with it over the years.

Where can you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by halskinner View Post
    A 21-year-old statement given to a company that does not exist anymore. By an old guy that has surely retired by now. He does mention the name of the product, couldnt help that.

However, I assume you think I sell the coating? I dont, havent for many years. I maintain the site that is used as an archive for what has been done with it over the years.

Where can you buy it?
    Yet in this thread you claim to own A/the patent on a coating, and sell A/the coating.

If you want to advertise it to us, pay for advertising.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?