Post Likes

please recommend an electric heater

Hi, I need recommendations of a good quality electric heater that can bring up the temperature of the living-room/kitchen area of my apartment from about 63-64F to a more comfortable 72F. Total area is about 400sf with 8 feet ceiling.

I tried a Comfort Zone model which says it can heat up to 1000sf, but the temperature never reach 70F.
    Bought the Dyson Am05 and apparently couldn't even bring the 120sf bedroom to 70F, not to mention the livingroom.

Is there any heater that can do that? Preferably with a fan so that the temperature could be raised quickly as I don't leave the heater on when I am not home. Would prefer an electric model.
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaousc View Post
    Hi, I need recommendations of a good quality electric heater that can bring up the temperature of the living-room/kitchen area of my apartment from about 63-64F to a more comfortable 72F. Total area is about 400sf with 8 feet ceiling.

I tried a Comfort Zone model which says it can heat up to 1000sf, but the temperature never reach 70F.
    Bought the Dyson Am05 and apparently couldn't even bring the 120sf bedroom to 70F, not to mention the livingroom.

Is there any heater that can do that? Preferably with a fan so that the temperature could be raised quickly as I don't leave the heater on when I am not home. Would prefer an electric model.
    Thanks.
    Hello. Youre in a Forum that deals primarily with Central Heating and Cooling Systems and not portable electric heaters. All someone here could tell you is to go to Walmart , Target, Home DePot and look at the specifications on the outside of the box and select a Heater that is the voltage you have and one that heats more than your square footage to be safe ; if it doesn't perform to what it states, then return it or buy an additional heater . Also, I would diminish the heat loss as much as possible in the space youre trying to heat by sealing up windows with caulk and using heat-shrink plastic sheeting around the windows (like 3 M brand) . Also, block off the bottom of doors that are seldom used with a thick strip of foam or towels.

P.S. I might add that I have this 240 v. Electric Heater and am very pleased with it. The specs say its for 600 sq. ft, but that's 600 sq. ft of a very drafty Garage since its a Garage Industrial Type Heater ; for an application such as living quarters it would have no problem heating 1,000 sq. ft . Bear in mind that its 240 v. and will draw a little over 20 amp of power : http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Infrared-He...Garage+Heaters

Post Likes
    Most heaters like that will only put out up to 1500 watts, maybe the heat load is more than a 120 volt circuit can handle!

Post Likes
    If you're trying to heat a room, I think going with radiative heat would be the best method. Like buford said, the most you're going to get out of any air-source space heater is 1500 Watts on a 120V/20-amp circuit.