Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What type of knee pads do you wear?

I've been in the industry for 12 years now and my knees are starting to bother me. Do any of you have any recommendations? I've tried the cheaper ones and they bother the back of my knees. Any input would be great thanks.

If you don't like change your gonna hate extinction.

You'll have to experiment. I actually found a really cheap pair at Harbor Freight that work pretty good for regular hard surfaces. They are thin and provide just enough padding. You wouldn't want to be balancing on ceiling joists in an attic with them, however. The problem with the bigger, fancy gel filled pads is they tend to move around and that causes problems in and of itself.

I've heard some speak of pants that have insert pockets built in right at the knees.

My left knee is going under the knife next month.

AWP Model #: 1L-323-3

Whatever kind, younger guys need to get em and use em. Don't wait until you need em.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Yeah I'm hoping to avoid a surgery or two, lol. It's taken me along time to come around to the idea that "you only get one body, so take care of it"
    Thanks for the input, and good luck on your surgery.

I was looking into a roll out pad I could kneel on. Knee pads are almost as annoying as knee pain.

I haven't yet found a knee pad that doesn't strap around the back and irritate the back of the knee.

A few companies offer pants with integrated pads which seems a good solution to me.

I also like the little garden kneeler pads.

I just squat down or plop on my bottom rather than kneel. I don't really have knee problems, but these are just habits I've developed.

i use a gardeners pad it works good when i bring it out of the truck

Quote Originally Posted by northeastbeast View Post
    i use a gardeners pad it works good when i bring it out of the truck

me to, I use a gardener pad with a pad that came with a Honeywell humidifier, works pretty except you have to keep re-adjusting it
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Get some Armaflex and cut it into 18" lengths (or whatever size you choose) and tape 'em together like a raft and presto..... a custom knee saver! It took me 18 years in the field before I finally came across that idea a couple weeks ago (from one of our installers). It's much better than the thin little pad I bought a couple years ago. Mine is made out of 1-1/2" x 1/2" wall and is COZY!

I've had the Knee Pro III's for over a year now and really like them. When they first came in, they seemed too cheap to hold up. But they have, and I'll buy another pair when they fail. They do still bunch up behind the knee sometimes, but not as often as others I've tried that don't hinge. No fancy gel padding, but the foam does its job. And the little orange rubber pad on the front is relatively flat, making kneeling on strong backs easy. Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Industries-Kne...s=knee+pro+III

I use franklin volleyball kneepads, available from wallmart for $8. I have at least a dozen different sets from flat bottomed gel pads, to articulated orthopedic ones. The volleyball pads have elastic that wraps all the way around, I wear them UNDER my pants, all day long, they rarely kneed adjustment and you don't have to put them on and take them off. If they don't work for you, you're only out $8.

Thanks for all suggestions guys. I'm going to try a couple of different ideas and decide which one is best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast