Unhooking the gauges.

what are the steps for unhooking your gauges? The teacher has one way and some of the ''Pro's'' have another way.

With no loss or conventional? With no loss I unhook the high side first then open the manifold valves to pull the liquid out of the hose, then unhook the low.

same here, bleed the gauges into the low side before take the suction hose loose.

I have ball valves on one set of gauges, and never leave the valves shut when not in use, for fear that pressure will build up inside the valve and damage seal.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Great. Now do you guys let it equalize before removing? This is what I was taught.

Let it equalize so all the liquid is gone. I usually roll up my temp clamps while I'm waiting. Make sure to bleed the air out of the hose and manifold first.

Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    With no loss or conventional? With no loss I unhook the high side first then open the manifold valves to pull the liquid out of the hose, then unhook the low.
    into where?
    Beer can cold bandit stoled my superheat.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    into where?
    Equalize the hoses out using the low side port.

Atmospheric recovery haha! Using a 3 port manifold I remove the high side (with low loss fitting) and open high side valve. Then I bleed the air from the center charging hose, close valve on said hose and open low side until it equalizes. Then pull off low side with de minimis escaping. 4 port manifolds, the same except you can leave the center and vacuum ports closed.