Hey I'm just fishing for comments here. I'm moving to Sterling va, anyone familair with this particular area? I accepted a job and gave my notice here today. I think It'll be metro DC work.

I'm from Pittsburgh and I'll be literally doubling my wage, but I looked at appartments and I couldnt even find one locally for under a grand.

My real goal had been to move to florida but man, despite the booming economy, theres no money in HVAC there; I spoke with a few companies. Sterling is beautiful, tons of dough in that town. I'm prety stoked but anyone I talk to says I'm not gonna make it on the cash I'll be makin. I'll be at about 56k a year provided I pull a solid 40 every week. Seems pretty good with 6 years exp. Those guys are gonna be happy with me, and I think I'll be happy with them. If not, my current co said I've always got a job to go back to.

I work on malls, refrig, and factories here. In sterling I'll be working on malls and refrig. The chillers were my favorite but I can always go back to that if need be.

again, just fishing for comments. This is a pretty big move. Thanks.
    Guinness for strength

You know chillers huh ??? Try contacting McQuay in Wash DC (301)735-1440 . We are looking for a few techs in VA .
    Sterling is a nice area but very expensive.

I'm starting to think it's a bad idea to get out of chillers but I've commited to this company now. I'll call McQuay if this one doesnt work out, I found a thread about this company where one guy only lasted ten days, but then current employees defended the company. we'll see I guess.
    Guinness for strength

Did you talk with a guy with Linc? Richard told me that he had spoken with a guy that was from outside of Pittsburgh. Who are you going to work for?