i just had a g61v lennox installed and because of the variable speed the blower really kicks in and the air flow is awesome but the kids asked us to close their vents will this in anyway harm the ac (acx13seer) or the furnace,and if so what should i do to prevent any future damage

Thumbs down Proper Control ?

Originally posted by john smitty
    i just had a g61v lennox installed and because of the variable speed the blower really kicks in and the air flow is awesome but the kids asked us to close their vents will this in anyway harm the ac (acx13seer) or the furnace,and if so what should i do to prevent any future damage
    ONLY partially close a few diffusers in any E vent.

Check the air handler to assure that the variable speed (VS) is wired properly. You should not even know the VS unit is operating > 60% of the time when it is on "low speed".
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Re: Proper Control ?

Originally posted by dan sw fl
    Originally posted by john smitty
    ONLY partially close a few diffusers in any E vent.

Check the air handler to assure that the variable speed (VS) is wired properly. You should not even know the VS unit is operating > 60% of the time when it is on "low speed".

lennox v drive will only operate on low speed for cooling when 2 stage stat and a/c are used.