Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tools

Any one mention Oxy-Acetylene torch set. May not need it right away but you will eventually.

Every tech has to have our tool list that we provide at the interview. It's about $3500 worth. At 7 years I've probably got more than $5000 invested. There's a lot of tools on the list that a guy won't use for a whole if he's a trainee, but the way we see it, if we're educating him on the job, the very least he can do is invest in the tools. If he can't afford it we have several different payroll deduction plans ranging from 3 months to 4 years. The list is quite extensive.

Thanks all for your comments. The lists given will help me alot. I have already started to build my tool box and now I have the info to get the right tools

Do not forget that you can hit up pawn shops for tools on your off time. If you see a good price and the tool looks to be in good shape, offer them about 60% of what they are asking or ask them what is the best they can do.

As far as tools go, what are some bags to look into? I used a bag when I was in the field which was completely open (no zippers/compartments). It wasn't bad for a first bag but a lot of my tools were never secured due to the poor design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post
    As far as tools go, what are some bags to look into? I used a bag when I was in the field which was completely open (no zippers/compartments). It wasn't bad for a first bag but a lot of my tools were never secured due to the poor design.
    VetoProPac

I'll never own another bag.

Search them on here. A lot of guys like them.

can you ntell me how to change celsius to farienheit on my DL 187t meter

dl187t multimeter c to f

Did I miss clamp thermometer? dry and wet bulb thermometer? I spent over a grand the day I went 'tool shoping'. My company let me buy on their account, and took so much out every check. Love my company, love my job!

Always nice when the boss buys lol

Just picked up a Klein eed-yot stick from a sparky jobber.. While I wouldn't rely exclusively on it, it can prevent some nasty surprises..

The only downer is that it's made in China but I don't think the US has the capability to mass-produce something like that, at any price, any more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123