Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: need business

need business

It's 100 degrees out. I am in the phone book, I have a website, I advertise on craigslist by the hour. Why am I not getting any calls for a.c. service?

I know a guy that is trying to upstart a business this year. He got some decent initial response through hitting a few thousand driveways with flyers. That kind of response tapers off though. Otherwise, his phone hasn't been ringing and he had to take some work with an existing company for now. It's been slow this year for some companies and bonkers for others, in my area that is. I know a company with strong clientele that is starving, yet a few average selling companies that I know of are delivering overtime to their techs. Might be a matter of how well the owners/salesmen pump the market for business.

Good luck man. Just keep pumping. Something is bound to break loose for ya.

I am the owner and sole employee. just started the first of 2011

When you need something where do you go? I would say the majority of people go to google maybe you could try some search engine optimization, adwords, and lots of advise from an expert, and as you know expert service is not free. I myself am thinking of starting up my own thing sometime in the near future.
    best of luck to you
    Red

Guys, watch the insults.

Pro members are held to a higher standard. New members need to realize they won't always get the kind of replies they expect, or answers they like.

And throwing insults or cursing can get either or both banned.

As JP said, there's no need to kick a man when he's down. I see many business owners on this site. Hopefully they can help this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Guys, watch the insults.

Pro members are held to a higher standard. New members need to realize they won't always get the kind of replies they expect, or answers they like.

And throwing insults or cursing can get either or both banned.

Did i say something wrong? or were yall talking about something different I was trying to help heck i may be in the same boat soon

Get post count up and apply for pro membership. Plenty of guys there that will help. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by redshvac View Post
    Did i say something wrong? or were yall talking about something different I was trying to help heck i may be in the same boat soon
    Nope, you cannot see the posts that have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Nope, you cannot see the posts that have been deleted.
    ok thanks because that was my first post and did not want to screw up all ready

Hand out some flyers in your area with some sort of catchy Item like free filter etc. Find a company to do sub work for till you grow your customer base. Thats what I am doing subing for someone till my customer base grows to where I don't need to sub unless its slow. Its hard being a one man show. Gotta hang in thier and get your name out thier with some sort of catchy slogan. I ounce knew a used tire shop that was horrible but they used the word free alot so people kept coming back all the time never under stood why but it must have been thats word "FREE"

Yeah I got kind of pissed when a guy told me i look like the btk and i used a dirty word.
    Sorry.
    thanks for the helpful comments though

Quote Originally Posted by blaineisabob View Post
    It's 100 degrees out. I am in the phone book, I have a website, I advertise on craigslist by the hour. Why am I not getting any calls for a.c. service?

Have u joined linked in??? If u didn't Dont use your full detailed info First. Learn the site First take notes of people u want to reach too, Than Join under your company name etc;;;;
    There is a reason for doing this,, Hopefully u will figure out.

Dont advertise in the phone book,, use it to find Bigshots in construction,,residential, mass management obvisely Developers. Than research them on all those sharing websites FaceShi My space. Know everything u can u never know u might run into them,, Im sure u can reconize some of the backrounds of there pics Become an acquaintance first and wait for the right moment, If hes a royal fan take him to a game but front row or close,, Expensive but u don't need that phonebook money anymore.
    Im not to sure if craigs list is helping might be oposite,, a lot of scams Puts u in a negative/desperate Light. I might be wrong depends your zip code state
    Always be nice to people for many reasons,, i dont want to be Korny but i believe in Karma

FYI: Dont go to far and become a stalker lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast