overseas Hvac Installation

Does anyone know of a company that is hireing Commerical sheet metal Mechanics?
    I thought I Had a job in the Middle East , but it Must have fallen thru, the contact Number has been changed or disconnected , I have my Pass port , Went thru interpoll for the back ground check , with everything I went thru it cost me around $600.00 , Bet I got Scammed .
    I was told it would take 1 to 5 months before I get a Phone call , and now no Contact Number.
    I Know my spelling is not the greatest , just agravited at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by swgriffin View Post
    Does anyone know of a company that is hireing Commerical sheet metal Mechanics?
    I thought I Had a job in the Middle East , but it Must have fallen thru, the contact Number has been changed or disconnected , I have my Pass port , Went thru interpoll for the back ground check , with everything I went thru it cost me around $600.00 , Bet I got Scammed .
    I was told it would take 1 to 5 months before I get a Phone call , and now no Contact Number.
    I Know my spelling is not the greatest , just agravited at this time.
    Yup you got scammed!

If you want i can help, but it will cost you $$$. Please make the check out to Fly BY Night HVAC.

you live and I hope learn...

Who did you pay for that background check? Interpol directly or the "agency" or the "employer"? Sounds to me like you got scammed, bud. Another strong indicator is that they'd usually import their mechanics and tinbashers from India, where they're already working for peanuts.

I paid interpol directly

Quote Originally Posted by swgriffin View Post
    I paid interpol directly
    I couldn't find that service offered on their site or for their CDN/US NCB's. How did you deal with them? Did you go into their NCB in Washington or did you go to a website? As far as I can see, Interpol doesn't conduct background checks for individuals or deal with individuals in any case (I could be wrong). Typically an employer would request this sort of info from your local police service.

No employer will ask you to pay for background or drug tests. They pay. ANYTIME you have and "employer" asking for money to get a job....... RUN.

A passport is the one exception to this and even the cost for it might be reimbursed.

I have an instructor who just took a job in Afghanistan (150k) and the contractor pays for everything.