Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    It reads in SCFM....
    Then why do you care about the PSI scale on the regulator?

Just adjust the regulator pressure to something below the maximum the flow meter is rated for, then adjust your flow to the desired rate.
    My flow meter is rated for a maximum of 50 psi input.
    The only thing the input pressure to the flow meter affects is how far you have to open it to achieve the desired flow rate.

The whole "I flow at 2 psi..." thing becomes meaningless when you are using an actual flow meter
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Then why do you care about the PSI scale on the regulator?

Just adjust the regulator pressure to something below the maximum the flow meter is rated for, then adjust your flow to the desired rate.
    My flow meter is rated for a maximum of 50 psi input.
    The only thing the input pressure to the flow meter affects is how far you have to open it to achieve the desired flow rate.

The whole "I flow at 2 psi..." thing becomes meaningless when you are using an actual flow meter
    I misquoted cause I am used to going off my manifold.

But your point is taken,

Thank you.

I flow nitrogen while brazing, but have no flow regulation other than regulator on tank and the gauges.

I have been wanting the ball float device thinking that is the proper tool.

Now reading this thread a few times I have a question;

Why can't those with digital gauges use them as the regulating device? Can't you hook manifold hoses to a bottle(Co2 or N) regulator, to keep full bottle pressure from destroying gauges, and adjust flow with digital reading/manifold?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Why can't those with digital gauges use them as the regulating device? Can't you hook manifold hoses to a bottle(Co2 or N) regulator, to keep full bottle pressure from destroying gauges, and adjust flow with digital reading/manifold?
    Pressure gauges can't measure flow, or even give you an indication of if there is flow, or any idea how much.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

so measurement by SCFM, as stated at 3, is the best?

I was shown to flow as little as possible so as to get a "psst" when removing finger from the opposite service valve you are supplying from.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    so measurement by SCFM, as stated at 3, is the best?

I was shown to flow as little as possible so as to get a "psst" when removing finger from the opposite service valve you are supplying from.
    Thats what i do, just adjust till the ball barley floats off its seat.

All where doing is displacing the oxygen, once it starts purging from the other end of the system it doesn't take much flow to keep it out.

I love mine, really saves on nitrogen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12