Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafreeze View Post
    Hi Ice,
    on page 42, for unit 'cooler b' there is no fan delay. The unit fan contactor works off of the 'unit a' fan delay. It seems like a flaw in the series wiring of the 3 wire controls. Am I seeing it right?
    I hadn't thought of that issue before.

Having the terminators in series at least has a failsafe backup in the clock...preventing you from getting stuck in defrost if one of them fails to terminate.

If you had the fan delays in series (with a single evap fan contactor), you could be stuck with no evap fans on the whole system.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    If you had the fan delays in series (with a single evap fan contactor), you could be stuck with no evap fans on the whole system.
    I don't think you can have two evap fan contactors with this design. Evap b control's common is fed from evap a control's X terminal..

Also my point was there is no fan delay for evap b with this wiring. Soon as evap a's contact moves to power the evap a's fans, evap b's control's common has no juice to it to power another contactor or fan. With that you can see ice accumulation behind the fans of evap b. ( the water drawn to the front of evap) And you need to hope that the termination is gonna be enough to get rid of that layer of ice in the front.
    Last edited by wannafreeze; 06-27-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12