Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Geer all I can say is that you are just not believable and I'll leave it at that. Don't have the time or patience to argue with you since you are allways one track in everything you post and say. Always on the far left of any issue no matter what it is and never admit wrong. You sir are a troll. Thank you, thank you very much
    In other words, you got caught posting ideologically-driven misinformation from a dishonest wingnut columnist and ignoring (numerous times) the results of eight independent investigations and not having the intellectual honesty to admit it.

I rather accept that you refuse to believe me but to refuse to acknowledge the comments of the actual author of the paper in question and to dismiss the findings of eight independent investigations confirms that you are willing to protect your ideology at the cost of your integrity and what microscopic shreads of credibility you have left.

Sad.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Your words: "except for properly conducted empirical science." The majority by far of the properly conducted, empirical science supports AGW.
    This should read "except for peer review of properly conducted empericial science."

The majority, by far of peer-reviewed properly conducted empirical science supports AGW.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

I think it's foolish to completely throw out the idea that Global Warming is man made...especially just because the guy who was promoting Global Warming turned out to be using it for money making.

Man made toxins are relatively new...only about 100 years old, and I seriously doubt that any of us have any idea what is happening with those toxins. Remember that this world takes hundreds of thousands of years, if not millions or billions to accomplish most of it's critical processes. So our puny 100 year lifespan is insignificant compared to the world, regardless of how long that 100 years feels to us.

On the other hand...I think it's a little overkill to go completely green, or to stress yourself out about the dangers that might be....but remember...no matter how strongly you feel against man made toxins causing global warming, that Earth is our only home.

In my opinion if I have to give up styrofoam cups, SUVs, and buy a different refrigerant type I will do so....and if I'm wrong then so what?

If I'm right, my great great great grandchildren might have a place to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And there are documented cases of Russians living in Siberia who smoke and drink like fishes... yet live to be over 100 years. Defies what we think is healthy and not healthy.

Back to our discussion: Is science by concensus, or is it by repeatable proof of facts?

And 'general welfare' is NOT science.
    So you are saying that alcohol and tobacco are harmless? Seems like it from your example. I guess if a couple of Russians live to be 100 that all the research linking those two evils is false, well by your definition of science.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

So just because Canada is hot today... means GW is real? Try looking at temp patterns over the last 500 years... then get back to me. THIS (looking at 500 years rather than 30 minutes) would be thinking OUTSIDE the box.
    So hard separating the wheat from the chaff when you look up useful data online. Takes a bit of time. Is that why you would rather me provide data rather than you? So far I have been providing information to back up my position, I will not do your work for you.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So you are saying that alcohol and tobacco are harmless? Seems like it from your example. I guess if a couple of Russians live to be 100 that all the research linking those two evils is false, well by your definition of science.
    What I am saying is one cannot make blanket rules and box folks lives in based on the blanket rules, because they do NOT apply to everyone... To think they do, is to restrict the freedom of the masses for the irresponsibility of the few. Again, that is NOT FREEDOM. I should have the right to choose my lifestyle, and I should be responsible for it. ANY other system, regardless of the so called good intentions, is just plain WRONG. And folks who understand the US Constitution, understand what I am saying.

Otherwise, whomever is making the rules will sooner or later be corrupted by financial interests and pass along rules which benefit the financial interests AT MY EXPENSE. That last phrase, which I think goes over the heads of most folks who live in fear (or on the govt dole), is what I am opposed to.

In the future, if you want to debate with me, we will talk about FREEDOM, not about sanctioned life.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So hard separating the wheat from the chaff when you look up useful data online. Takes a bit of time. Is that why you would rather me provide data rather than you? So far I have been providing information to back up my position, I will not do your work for you.
    I want to see if you are willing to do research and find conclusions that destroy yo9ur pre-conceived idea of what is and what is not.

A TRUE scientist would not have a pre-conceived idea (and they would not sell their degree(s) for a grant). Rather, they would seek truth. Look throughout history, you will find them.

A side note: Our countries would not exist if Columbus was not thinking OUTSIDE the box... because at the time folks thought the world was flat.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I think it's foolish to completely throw out the idea that Global Warming is man made...especially just because the guy who was promoting Global Warming turned out to be using it for money making.

Man made toxins are relatively new...only about 100 years old, and I seriously doubt that any of us have any idea what is happening with those toxins. Remember that this world takes hundreds of thousands of years, if not millions or billions to accomplish most of it's critical processes. So our puny 100 year lifespan is insignificant compared to the world, regardless of how long that 100 years feels to us.

On the other hand...I think it's a little overkill to go completely green, or to stress yourself out about the dangers that might be....but remember...no matter how strongly you feel against man made toxins causing global warming, that Earth is our only home.

In my opinion if I have to give up styrofoam cups, SUVs, and buy a different refrigerant type I will do so....and if I'm wrong then so what?

If I'm right, my great great great grandchildren might have a place to call home.
    Because there is no evidence that giving those things up will have the slightest imact on our environment.

Liberals want you to accept AGW as fact and then want to push a eco-agenda down your throat not too mention charging you for breathing. C02s

AGW is tied to a political agenda and as long as it is cannot be taken as fact..

The liberal kooks have themselves to blame that they're eco agenda is dead and gone.

What I am saying is one cannot make blanket rules and box folks lives in based on the blanket rules, because they do NOT apply to everyone... To think they do, is to restrict the freedom of the masses for the irresponsibility of the few. Again, that is NOT FREEDOM. I should have the right to choose my lifestyle, and I should be responsible for it. ANY other system, regardless of the so called good intentions, is just plain WRONG. And folks who understand the US Constitution, understand what I am saying.

Otherwise, whomever is making the rules will sooner or later be corrupted by financial interests and pass along rules which benefit the financial interests AT MY EXPENSE. That last phrase, which I think goes over the heads of most folks who live in fear (or on the govt dole), is what I am opposed to.

In the future, if you want to debate with me, we will talk about FREEDOM, not about sanctioned life.
    Do employers not "box" everyone in under the same category? One guy stole from the company so now everyone has to be monitored more closely regardless of if they would ever steal. One person slipped on the floor and sued the company...now everyone has to order slip resistant shoes from the company and sign a waiver.

That's the problem with people....we all live with these "blanket" rules everywhere we go but the minute the government tries to do anything similar the crap hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Because there is no evidence that giving those things up will have the slightest imact on our environment.

Liberals want you to accept AGW as fact and then want to push a eco-agenda down your throat not too mention charging you for breathing. C02s

AGW is tied to a political agenda and as long as it is cannot be taken as fact..

The liberal kooks have themselves to blame that they're eco agenda is dead and gone.
    What would it hurt to try?

Just because it's a political agenda does not mean that man made GW is not real.

Does it make the sidewalks cleaner if I told you all the sidewalks in town were covered in gum and promised to clean them if elected mayor?

No....the sidewalks are covered with gum, but by your way of thinking they are spotless since I used the sidewalks to become an elected official.

A side note: Our countries would not exist if Columbus was not thinking OUTSIDE the box... because at the time folks thought the world was flat.
    Not to disrail the thread but whenever I see this I have to point out that it's absolutely not true.

For starters, Columbus was trying to find a trade route to the East...by going West. So he must have known the world was round, (thinking outside the box as you point out) but he wasn't the only one. Magellan's voyage proved it as well, though he didn't survive the journey.

Secondly, the ancient Greeks knew the Earth was round -- both Pythagoras and Plato describe it as such.

OK, back to regularly scheduled programming.

But I thought we were talking about science here, not freedom. Science says that tobacco and alcohol can be detrimental to your life. No clean formula as in E = MC2, but on a larger scale, say per 100,000 people, science can give numbers to the dangers of the two. Is this science?

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post

Let's see. In the lab you can see ozone being destroyed by the chemicals in question. They can measure the volume and rate of the destruction per mole. They have sent up balloons rockets and satellites to measure the concentration of the elements in the atmosphere. They also measure the added radiation hitting the Earth when the ozone layer is thinned.

Now the thinning of the ozone at the poles may not effect your environment but it does effect the people and ecosystem of the two regions. Now since it does not effect you personally, should you care?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast