Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 86
  1. #14
    http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_2...cord-scorchers

    You will do as you are told we will put you in the mold there will be no escape.
    The gubba has spoken,the gubba knows whats best for you,we control the verticle and the horizontal.

    The EPA is always correct,right down to manipulated software for use in climate control models.

    We will condition your minds to suit our fancy,because we are always right.

    The fear creaps in the fear creaps out,the fear crawls in and out your snout.
    FEN

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,568
    You guys REALLY ARE drinking the kooliad.

    The first call for R-12 to be phased out was, as you say, based on the IDEA you mentioned. However, after lots of research, it was found that sulpher dioxide caused more damage to the ozone layer than refrigerants. At that time, by FAR, the largest hole in your precious ozone layer was over a volcano. Now did man cause that? Oh, one more thing: Remember that rotten egg smell we used to get from auto exhaust? Well guess what that was... yeah, sulpher dioxide.

    So in reality; IF this ozone layer stuff is true, then it was the govt's fault...
    Just like paying welfare to lazy folks,
    Just like screwing up the economy,
    Just like so called equal rights (yet all the so called minorities get special treatment),
    And all the rest of useless and costly stuff the govt does.

    Open your eyes... the govt is using your so called science (their twist), to manipulate you into whatever they want. And history shows this has been going on as long as govts have existed.

    We HAD a country of freedom, but folks wanted a nanny govt instead.... Now do you like it?

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You guys REALLY ARE drinking the kooliad.

    The first call for R-12 to be phased out was, as you say, based on the IDEA you mentioned. However, after lots of research, it was found that sulpher dioxide caused more damage to the ozone layer than refrigerants. At that time, by FAR, the largest hole in your precious ozone layer was over a volcano. Now did man cause that? Oh, one more thing: Remember that rotten egg smell we used to get from auto exhaust? Well guess what that was... yeah, sulpher dioxide.

    So in reality; IF this ozone layer stuff is true, then it was the govt's fault...
    Just like paying welfare to lazy folks,
    Just like screwing up the economy,
    Just like so called equal rights (yet all the so called minorities get special treatment),
    And all the rest of useless and costly stuff the govt does.

    Open your eyes... the govt is using your so called science (their twist), to manipulate you into whatever they want. And history shows this has been going on as long as govts have existed.

    We HAD a country of freedom, but folks wanted a nanny govt instead.... Now do you like it?

    We need to toss 72 vestial virgins into a few volcanoes.
    FEN

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,568
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    We need to toss 72 vestial virgins into a few volcanoes.
    How about 72 polecats?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    It absorbs the UV radiation (causing the layer to heat up) and it absorbs IR from the ground.

    Ozone’s impact on climate consists primarily of changes in temperature. The more ozone in a given parcel of air, the more heat it retains. Ozone generates heat in the stratosphere, both by absorbing the sun’s ultraviolet radiation and by absorbing upwelling infrared radiation from the lower atmosphere (troposphere). Consequently, decreased ozone in the stratosphere results in lower temperatures. Observations show that over recent decades, the mid to upper stratosphere (from 30 to 50 km above the Earth’s surface) has cooled by 1° to 6° C (2° to 11° F). This stratospheric cooling has taken place at the same time that greenhouse gas amounts in the lower atmosphere (troposphere) have risen. The two phenomena may be linked.
    http://www.theozonehole.com/climate.htm

    Funny if it was Freon that is decreased the ozone layer which causes the upper atmosphere to cool and the lower atmosphere to warm rather than CO2 being the cause of global warming.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,568
    I am not gonna get into a p*ssing match and get banned... however IMO one needs to look at the BIG picture rather than parrot a few recent facts.

    One of the most useful tools of a polecat is to create mass confusion as to what the facts really are, while at the same time creating fear with a sense of urgency. Reminds me of when Nancy Pelosi was asked what was in the 200+ page Obamacare bill... she said sign it and we will see. Now do we REALLY want to trust govt like that?

    Lets see if folks can figure out what I am saying in the previous paragraph?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_2...cord-scorchers

    You will do as you are told we will put you in the mold there will be no escape.
    The gubba has spoken,the gubba knows whats best for you,we control the verticle and the horizontal.

    The EPA is always correct,right down to manipulated software for use in climate control models.

    We will condition your minds to suit our fancy,because we are always right.

    The fear creaps in the fear creaps out,the fear crawls in and out your snout.
    I just had to look it up:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~halloween...earsesong.html
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  8. #21
    http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=30000

    And good old Jim Hansen says we needs mo money to study.
    FEN

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am not gonna get into a p*ssing match and get banned... however IMO one needs to look at the BIG picture rather than parrot a few recent facts.

    One of the most useful tools of a polecat is to create mass confusion as to what the facts really are, while at the same time creating fear with a sense of urgency. Reminds me of when Nancy Pelosi was asked what was in the 200+ page Obamacare bill... she said sign it and we will see. Now do we REALLY want to trust govt like that?

    Lets see if folks can figure out what I am saying in the previous paragraph?
    Well...

    It is NOT because of mankind. It is a cycle bigger than mankind that happened before mankind was here, is happening now, and will happen a thousand years from now.
    I take it you do not think mankind can have an effect on the world and all effects we are seeing are natural even though you have no scientific theories on why they happen other than it is natural.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,277

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    We need to toss 72 vestial virgins into a few volcanoes.
    I prefer what Paul Harvey said just before Mt. St. Helens blew: we should make an offering to the mountain to appease it. Jane Fonda perhaps? Paul Harvey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good Day!

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Well...



    I take it you do not think mankind can have an effect on the world and all effects we are seeing are natural even though you have no scientific theories on why they happen other than it is natural.
    Is there enough scientific evidence to sell carbon credits bought through a company Al Gore's heavily involved in ?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...llionaire.html

    Is there enough evidence to justify giving away hundreds of billions in tax payers money to bankrupt green energy companies ?
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rew-c-mccarthy


    Is there enough evidence to through federal mandates make carbon based energy so expensive that it actually puts a damper on a struggling economy ??
    http://www.pointofview.net/site/News...ter_friendly=1

    Is there enough evidence to run this green energy sky is falling scam through our public schools and lie to our children ??
    http://mensnewsdaily.com/2009/12/11/...-warming-scam/

    Is there enough evidence that supports government mandated guilt tax's for exhaling a gas that's vital to process of photosynthesis ?

    Al Gore said the debate was over for a reson. He has investors that want their money


    Also my initial post where you said I failed to understand the science was more about governmental role in misleading their citizens. Refrigerants and global warming are very connected in that sense.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,124
    Let's just say for one second that there was not a mountain of evidence supporting theories of global climate change. Let's pretend that glaciers that have existed for millenia are not rapidly melting all around the world. As a responsible society, is there any reason not to support initiatives for energy efficiency and clean renewable sources of energy? This is not something that should be politicized the way it is. It is a issue of humanity, not petty partisan politics. Should we not live in a way that has the least adverse affect on the planet? Should we just continue on any way we like without regard to future generations?
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,568
    Ya know... EVERY question in post #25 is textbook from the green/liberal movement.

    Easy to parrot the line... a bit more difficult to sort out truth from politics?

    Tell me which one takes wiser and more mature person?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event