Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 86
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,103
    I'm not a member of any liberal or green movement, and everything in post 25 is a result of what I have read in science/nature related publications, my own thoughts, observations, and opinions. When you infer that I'm immature and unwise and say that I am "parroting the line", I think you're actually just projecting what you see in yourself onto me, because you're drinking from the same stream that all the rest of these right wing morons drink from and don't actually care to know anything about the science of it. Most of it flies in the face of what your overlords are programming you to say. It has nothing to do with politics or economics, it's about science, and the relationship between humanity and nature.

    What it is NOT about is subsidizing private business in any way shape or form, or enacting legislation that means you have to buy a certain kind of light bulb, or drive a certain kind of car. That's where everyone is wrong. It's simply about being logical, sensible, and responsible. You guys act like they're going to revoke your "conservative card" if you admit that there might be a correlation between 6 billion people on earth and exponentially increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere and glacial melts.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,856
    Whether they realize it or not... the liberal green line is something folks buy out of FEAR!

    Rational and wise thinking does not operate out of desperation or fear, rather out of careful thought and sourcing things for who is behind it and what their goals are.

    As noted earlier; science can be twisted to mean whatever the speaker wants (facts are not really facts). So one really needs to follow the money trail to see what is relevant and what is BS.

    We need to remember: Polecats are professionals at manipulation... so: NEVER TRUST A POLITICIAN, NEVER! Note this statement does not take exception for any politician, never trust any of them; regardless of party, platform, or belief. Our founding fathers knew this... why have we forgotten their wisdom?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Is there enough scientific evidence to sell carbon credits bought through a company Al Gore's heavily involved in ?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...llionaire.html

    Is there enough evidence to justify giving away hundreds of billions in tax payers money to bankrupt green energy companies ?
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rew-c-mccarthy


    Is there enough evidence to through federal mandates make carbon based energy so expensive that it actually puts a damper on a struggling economy ??
    http://www.pointofview.net/site/News...ter_friendly=1

    Is there enough evidence to run this green energy sky is falling scam through our public schools and lie to our children ??
    http://mensnewsdaily.com/2009/12/11/...-warming-scam/

    Is there enough evidence that supports government mandated guilt tax's for exhaling a gas that's vital to process of photosynthesis ?

    Al Gore said the debate was over for a reson. He has investors that want their money


    Also my initial post where you said I failed to understand the science was more about governmental role in misleading their citizens. Refrigerants and global warming are very connected in that sense.
    Your original post may have been more on government policy but you used an example to sell your views that was not implemented for global warming reasons. It sounded like you thought R12 was phased out because of global warming, which it was not. Sometimes you have to spell your thoughts out in a little more detail so others could understand them better.



    And as far as the examples you give that some are proposing to limit our impact on the environment, I disagree with most of them. But just because some bad policies were forwarded does not have a bearing on whether there is evidence for global warming. While the science and politics are connected they are really their own entities and would be with or without each other.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know... EVERY question in post #25 is textbook from the green/liberal movement.

    Easy to parrot the line... a bit more difficult to sort out truth from politics?

    Tell me which one takes wiser and more mature person?
    And easier to sidestep the questions. Without trying to sort out the truth from politics.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Whether they realize it or not... the liberal green line is something folks buy out of FEAR!

    Rational and wise thinking does not operate out of desperation or fear, rather out of careful thought and sourcing things for who is behind it and what their goals are.

    As noted earlier; science can be twisted to mean whatever the speaker wants (facts are not really facts). So one really needs to follow the money trail to see what is relevant and what is BS.

    We need to remember: Polecats are professionals at manipulation... so: NEVER TRUST A POLITICIAN, NEVER! Note this statement does not take exception for any politician, never trust any of them; regardless of party, platform, or belief. Our founding fathers knew this... why have we forgotten their wisdom?
    Facts are not really facts?

    Pacific species migrating through warmer Northwest Passage

    Set loose by an ice-free Northwest Passage, an invasion force of Pacific sea creatures are moving east to Atlantic waters.

    This week, British researchers announced that the plant, extinct along the East Coast for more than 800,000 years, has begun to reappear there after migrating through the Arctic Ocean. It marks the first time an organism has completed a trans-Arctic crossing in modern times without a set of fins.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06...hwest-passage/


    Maybe the Pacific organisms are moving through the Arctic and are just chasing the money in Europe. Oh wait a second, Europe does not have any money.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,103
    Science is impregnable. That's why they call it science. A hypothesis is tested and becomes a theory, theories are tested by the scientific community using all of the tools they have at their disposal at that time and become accepted as proven fact. Facts are facts, although certain facts can be omitted to make other facts appear to support a certain agenda. That is why you must go to the source of the facts, and the organizations that are actually conducting this research. You can't expect to get unbiased information from environmental protection groups or any other activist groups for the electric, gas, oil, or automotive industries.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,856
    Facts are not facts... yes, that is what I said!

    I bet if we did a search on GW and CC (global warming and climate change) threads... we could find endless posts to links of scientific facts on BOTH sides of the argument.

    Now the message I get from the resident liberals here is: The so called facts support their view, so that HAS to be correct. They do not discuss other facts... only theirs.

    Yet the message I get from the conservatives (IMO the ones with common sense) is: The facts support their view... so that has to be correct.

    Folks, two opposing views which are BOTH supported by so called scientific facts... neither can be totally right.

    So get used to it: science is just as fallible as polecats.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Let's just say for one second that there was not a mountain of evidence supporting theories of global climate change. Let's pretend that glaciers that have existed for millenia are not rapidly melting all around the world. As a responsible society, is there any reason not to support initiatives for energy efficiency and clean renewable sources of energy? This is not something that should be politicized the way it is. It is a issue of humanity, not petty partisan politics. Should we not live in a way that has the least adverse affect on the planet? Should we just continue on any way we like without regard to future generations?
    You're equating pushback from " right wing morons " as you put it with activism when its actually just a response to a political party hijacking the environmental egenda.

    We're called every name in the book because we've exposed the lefts attempt at redifining the scientific method. The relationship between theory and fact has for ever been altered by a political party and a group of government funded scientist.

    Remeber ? "The debate is over ".

    As long as it concerns climate change there is no need to remain objective. The damage thats been done to the world economy and the really stupid knee jerk responses like electric cars and wind generated electricity rest on the heads of the Denocrats who in all sincerity could give a rats ass about the climate.

    Do all the stupid Prius owners realize how much damage mining for nickel and disposing of nic-cad batteries does to our environment ?

    It's a superficial attempt by superficial people to " save the earth ".

    Of course I would like to see advances in energy but not if its going to come in the form of a windmill or 60 year old solar film technology.

    Both of those are very low yield. The right wingers actually have a grip on reality. We're not the ones buying into the hyperbolic end of days rhetoric. Or pleading for the most ineffecient administration in American History to save us from the up and coming global flood because we were gullible enough to buy into the demagoguery.

    Because we demand the step by step scientific process before pouring hundreds of billions of our tax dollars down a green initiative hole we're made out as the kooks.

    Its ironic isnt it.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Science is impregnable. That's why they call it science. A hypothesis is tested and becomes a theory, theories are tested by the scientific community using all of the tools they have at their disposal at that time and become accepted as proven fact. Facts are facts, although certain facts can be omitted to make other facts appear to support a certain agenda. That is why you must go to the source of the facts, and the organizations that are actually conducting this research. You can't expect to get unbiased information from environmental protection groups or any other activist groups for the electric, gas, oil, or automotive industries.
    Funny well then why do none of the good "scientists" who believe in man made GW come forward when false data is been put forth by so call scientists who used doctored data to claim man made GW.

    This would include British scientists who's "research" showed strong evidence of man made GW and their lies would not have been discovered with out their emails being hacked and all so they could get more funds from Britain and the US. They were doctoring data to make the the socialist environmentalist politicians happy.

    Using our tax money to give justification for wasting hundreds of billions hurting our economy. Made made GW is another socialist plot at destroying the economies of the West. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Forget Right an Left. Forget Democrats and Republicans. The vast majority of actual scientists, who might be Democrat or Republican in their political views, accept climate change as a reality. This should not be a political issue.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by mmesford View Post
    Forget Right an Left. Forget Democrats and Republicans. The vast majority of actual scientists, who might be Democrat or Republican in their political views, accept climate change as a reality. This should not be a political issue.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I believe that the subject is man made GW not naturally occurring GW or climate change whatever you want to call it. That is the dispute my friend. Do you believe in man made GW or not? And if so do you believe that spending hundreds of billions of dollars can effect this or should we all just die to save the planet? That is the question. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    So how do you feel about the hundreds of billions of dollars in subsidies paid to fossil fuel companies?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mmesford View Post
    So how do you feel about the hundreds of billions of dollars in subsidies paid to fossil fuel companies?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thats left wing talkng points drivel.

    The way people make it sound is we're writing checks to the oil companies. They get the same tax breaks all big companies get.

    They're getting the same tax breaks as APPLE. You know the Obama loving Apple corp that is selling stock at 600 dollars a share.

    IF we were actually giving them money like the hundreds of billions we've given to now bankrupt green energy companies ( WHICH WE'RE NOT ) at least we would be contributing to a market that supplies jobs , money and a product that's actually in DEMAND.

    So the left tries in vain to vilify the oil companies as they type away on their apple probooks made out of petroleum by products and exposes their hypocritic agenda.

    Keep typing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image