Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    the reason it doesn't make sense is because people are being duped.

when they pass "Right to work" or "At will", what percent of the workers are union? 5%? 10%?
    what percent are non-union? 90% 95%

what's the point of talking about these laws from the union point of view?

"At will" says i have the right to walk away from any job.
    golly gee, thanks, i already have that right under the Constitution and my nature of being a complete a$$hole.

the only party that wins an advantage is the employer who can fire people for the color shirt they wore that day.

forget about all the propaganda, this is the way the left-wing wants to run their business. ...hence the reason California adopts these laws.

my first HVAC employer made me sign a contract. i got schooling for a commitment of one year of employment. both things i wanted.
    when my 60 hour per week paycheck dropped below minimum wage i told them they better find a solution or i'm gone.
    they told me i can't quit because i signed a contract.
    i told them , "we both know that contract doesn't mean jack, if you don't pay me more money i'm out of here"
    they don't have legal recourse, ...and never did

the only party that wins in "Right to Work" and "At will" is the employer who wants to pay nothing, and fire everyone after their temp work
    Wolfie I am going to say this and I do not mean to be mean but lets be realistic. You are a loser with a loser mentality, you look at everything from your personal perspective and how it has affected you because of your attitude. From your very beginning on this site you have complained about owners and managers trying to get over on you. You resent those that have come before you invested their time, money and imitative to succeed

As six says Texas is a right to work state with a low cost of living and trades can make a very good living here. Our state is run by Republicans and is overall a very conservative state we are not inundated by trade unions (just government & teachers).

As a business owner I have the right to terminate a person employment without fear of being sued (unless I have a government contract or specific number of employees) by a lazy incompetent. It also allows employees not to be restricted by a no compete clause.

However if you sign a contract to receive schooling tied to a tenure agreement then you are legally bound to fulfill your term or compensate the employer for their cost. Now if they did not live up to the tenets of the contract then you have no obligation to live up to your obligation.

Yeah, Texas is great, just a notch below Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_poverty_rate

you people need to start paying attention to what is going on.
    the style of life you know is not going to last.

California is not some renegade state, it's laws and policies are one in the same with the Federal government.

what happened in California is coming to your state sooner or later.

employees in California aren't getting dropped because they are lazy, they're getting dropped because America is getting switched over to a temporary employment system, thanks to Right to Work.
    one day , you WILL know what i'm talking about.

don't talk to me about Texas.

Texas has Rick Perry, a politician who sent teen girls to their deaths, and therefor was selected by the health care industry to protect the health care bill by running for president.
    the big illusion that Texas has a better moral structure.

Texans have convinced themselves that their state being over-run by illegals is somehow a better system then California's, ...being over-run by illegals.

as a HVAC technician in California the ONLY thing i need to work is an EPA certification.
    Texas is so busy talking about how awesome they are, they don't realize they have passed more intrusive EPA bullcrap laws than California.

Quote Originally Posted by AC5096 View Post
    Yeah, Texas is great, just a notch below Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_poverty_rate
    Two things:

First: Note the MOST governmentally controlled place in the country, Wash DC, is the highest on the list... this should tell a rationally minded person something significant.
    Second: Tell me why poverty is the govt's issue? The way I read the Constitution (the final and supreme law of the land); The govt's job is to guarantee basic rights and an equal playing field, so each person can EARN THEIR OWN WAY!

Conclusion: The ones that gripe the most, usually are the ones that are not willing to get off their lazy a$$es and go to work.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You and I do not agree on much, however we do agree on this... with the exception of isolationism.

The USA is the largest economy in the world, our currency is the reserve currency of the world, our investment markets run the world of finance, we are by default the world's police, and a host of other things. And our VERY HIGH lifestyle depends on us being #1 in these and many more areas.

No, we do not have the option of becoming isolationists... this is the reason Ron Paul is not electable... he does not understand this.
    Ron Paul in not an isolationist. Why don't you read his book on foreign policy instead of making sh*t up.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Ron Paul in not an isolationist. Why don't you read his book on foreign policy instead of making sh*t up.
    Because I used to live in his district in Texas, I KNOW what Ron Paul stands for. How about lets agree to let it go.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

All I know is that California is considered the 9th largest economy in the world. People there are considered very liberal compared to the many other Conservative States. Cries about it being ruined by Illegals and Government are favorite stress reliever for many people who comment on these boards.

Yet, when it comes to actual Government ;California receives substantially less federal tax Dollars back then they contribute. About 78 cents for every dollar. While a majority of Conservative States take more . I'm not here to argue that California is better or has the best system. http://taxfoundation.org/article/fed...aid-state-2005

But many people who complain post do not realize that their States are being subsidized by the States they love to Hate. Alabama recently landed an Airbus manufacturing plant with promises of right to work,substantially lower wages,relatively non exiting medical benefits , 162 million free Dollars and generous corporate tax relief incentives.

At the very same time they get $1.66 back for every tax dollar they contribute to the federal government that's 66% percent overdrawn anyway you put it. It's payed by someone and it sure is not Airbus or Mercedes which Alabama gave 368 million dollars to or the 811 million dollars they gave to ThyssenKrupp AG or the 158 million they gave to Honda or the 252 million they gave to Hyundai. The Question is ? who pays for Alabama roads,schools,infrastructure,courts etc etc

We are all hypocrites to one degree or another some are just bigger ones than others. When confronted with the truth and facts some try to evolve while others double down on their ignorance and refuse to grow.

Do you honestly believe that the Customer who was once making a decent wage but got bumped down in pay to 10 dollars an hour with a family, (and we wont consider mentioning a mortgage). is going to have the means to pay for your services or invest in a Hvac system. What do you think it is eventually going to mean for Us as a Trade. I bear no Ill will to any of the Companies listed above or their employees, but consider that most these International Companies bear absolutely No Allegiance to America or it's prosperity, while the person who pays your wage does. The right to work will really not mean anything if you can't earn a decent wage to survive doing it or the Work is simply not there because the person who is going to pay you does not earn a decent enough wage to do so .
    Last edited by Gcanno; 07-07-2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Gcanno View Post
    All I know is that California is considered the 9th largest economy in the world. People there are considered very liberal compared to the many other Conservative States. Cries about it being ruined by Illegals and Government are favorite stress reliever for many people who comment on these boards.

Yet, when it comes to actual Government ;California receives substantially less federal tax Dollars back then they contribute. About 78 cents for every dollar. While a majority of Conservative States take more . I'm not here to argue that California is better or has the best system. http://taxfoundation.org/article/fed...aid-state-2005

But many people who complain post do not realize that their States are being subsidized by the States they love to Hate. Alabama recently landed an Airbus manufacturing plant with promises of right to work,substantially lower wages,relatively non exiting medical benefits , 162 million free Dollars and generous corporate tax relief incentives.

At the very same time they get $1.66 back for every tax dollar they contribute to the federal government that's 66% percent overdrawn anyway you put it. It's payed by someone and it sure is not Airbus or Mercedes which Alabama gave 368 million dollars to or the 811 million dollars they gave to ThyssenKrupp AG or the 158 million they gave to Honda or the 252 million they gave to Hyundai. The Question is ? who pays for Alabama roads,schools,infrastructure,courts etc etc

We are all hypocrites to one degree or another some are just bigger ones than others. When confronted with the truth and facts some try to evolve while others double down on their ignorance and refuse to grow.

Do you honestly believe that the Customer who was once making a decent wage but got bumped down in pay to 10 dollars an hour with a family, (and we wont consider mentioning a mortgage). is going to have the means to pay for your services or invest in a Hvac system. What do you think it is eventually going to mean for Us as a Trade. I bear no Ill will to any of the Companies listed above or their employees, but consider that most these International Companies bear absolutely No Allegiance to America or it's prosperity, while the person who pays your wage does. The right to work will really not mean anything if you can't earn a decent wage to survive doing it or the Work is simply not there because the person who is going to pay you does not earn a decent enough wage to do so .
    Seems to me the solution to one state getting more $$$ back while another pays the bills... is for the $$$ to never leave the state. Why do we need to send the $$$ to Wash DC, so we can get it back? Just keep it at home.

And if I do not like the way my state spends the $$$ then move to a state I DO like. The cream will rise to the top, and the sludge will stay on the bottom all by itself if we get off our silly arses and make folks responsible for their decisions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

XCOR Aerospace is headed for Texas:

http://www.citizensinspace.org/2012/...ving-to-texas/

http://www.parabolicarc.com/2012/07/...ce-in-midland/

http://www.parabolicarc.com/2012/07/...ions-to-texas/

http://www.parabolicarc.com/2012/07/...-midland-deal/

As more and more businesses leave California, why does the California
    government insist that its only option is to keep raising taxes?

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...a-chuck-devore
    Last edited by Space Racer; 07-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12