Post Likes

Little info on this Carrier system

We moved into a new house about 6 months ago. Curious if someone can tell me the size of this Carrier unit. FB4CNP048 (air handler) and 254CE448P300 (condenser). Wonder what the size is as well as the Seer.

The installer was suggesting having small return lines in each room as well as larger main returns in the large open areas. I decided to forgo that option as we were in the early stages of building the house and needed to stick to budget. With that said i really have not seen any houses with that option, usually there are just a couple main return lines in common areas like the kitchen or living room.

Thinking about getting a UV light installed sometime soon also.

Post Likes
    4 ton matched air handler and heat pump. The first four numbers of the serial number on both will reveal the week and year it was manufactured. 1716xxxxxxxx = 17th week of 2016. 14 seer.
    "...and pray it works, pray to God it works."

---Nick's Handyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGllepZY2HE

I use Sta Kon

Post Likes
    Thank you!

Anyone ever hear of Totaline thermostats? They installed a 7 day programable. Are they any good? It actually seems like a cheaper unit.

Post Likes
    Watch using a programmable thermostat on a heat pump, adjusting the temperature can actually increase your power bills. Unless you use a stat that has an auxiliary heat lockout, then it's more efficient to just set it and forget it.
    Totaline is nothing special. Average thermostat, with no real major issues I've seen.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    I don't program it. It is on hold at 70 during the winter and will be at 75 during the summer.

Good to hear about no issues.