Thread: Arcoaire unit

Post Likes

Arcoaire unit

A svc man came to check problem with ac not cooling. He had to put jumper from red to yellow to get it running but it doesn't cut off. I'm not sure he's sure. Any suggestions? Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xray man View Post
    A svc man came to check problem with ac not cooling. He had to put jumper from red to yellow to get it running but it doesn't cut off. I'm not sure he's sure. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Call him back--it wont shut off with a jumper in place

Post Likes
    Is the thermostat faulty or not necessarily? Thanks

Post Likes
    Why doesn't he tell you if the thermostat is faulty?
    With a jumper between those wires it'll never shut down.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Is this a home warranty company?

Post Likes
    He used to work with my wife as a school bus driver.I think he's still learning a lot of it. He said yday it may be the thermostat but he didn't have one. I got a basic Honeywell and tried it last night. All the wires were pretty much straight forward except the original thermostat had a gray wire to ground and green wire to g the fan. Honeywell didn't have a place for ground. I tried it one time and the damn heat kicked on. I tried the switch for gas or electric and it was same either way...heat. My day has turned to do-do as far as my work today. Im about to go in and check wires at the board and see if I can tell what I may have had crossed up for the heat to come on. He said he didn't know if he'd get back by today or not. This is my parents house and has Arcoaire programmable thermostat. I am not a heating and air tech... obviously. I put original thermostat back on it. It's not battery powered. I'm gonna have more time this evening. I guess I need to see if I'm getting 24v out of board to thermostat. True? Thanks again

Post Likes
    You hired a school bus driver to work on your air conditioner?
    How about finding someone with the right instruments to show you exactly what's wrong without blindly throwing parts at it?

8. Likes Cimerian, HeatenCoolair, kdean1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    A basic thermostat or a basic heat and cool thermostat? Low voltage wiring is fairly safe for people to play with but not safe for your equipment for you to play with. As much as I love homeowners keeping me employed with DIY stuff you should probably quit while you are ahead.

10. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Lol. An ex-school bus driver. But yeah my wife said let him look at it. So I did. But I need to give him credit, freon was low and he added some and got it cooling and later the capacitor took a dump and he said the day he did the freon the cap wasn't real healthy but it was working. It's a heat and cooling thermostat and I agree with you about poking around not knowing. I'll check wire colors at the board and double check how I wired the Honeywell in there. That's probably all I'm gonna try. Rider I've still got 9,999 more tries. I aint failed yet. I'm joking. If there's a turd in the yard I'll step in it. Don't feel like scrapin s#%& off my shoe tonight. Thank y'all

Post Likes
    New thermostat fixed it. It had 24 v from the board. Thank y'all. Enjoy the 30 minute weekend.

Post Likes