Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ok gang -- I have been reading your complaints and have been forwarding them to our IT folk. It seems like we always take 1 step forward and 2 backward and I'm just as frustrated by this as you are.

Here's the deal -- Our advertisers are sending this Flash stuff despite us telling them that it causes problems with older browsers. I will once again forward this message to them. I believe every version of every browser can read animated GIF files and I'm proposing to our advertisiers that they use that instead of flash.

Now having said that -- you should all know that Microsoft is moving past I.E. and will not support older versions themselves. They are supposedly coming out with a new browser (if they haven't already) and I.E. will eventually go the way of the dinosaur. As that happens, everyone will need to upgrade. There is nothing I or Penton can do about that.

The best solution is Firefox. Whether on a Mac or a PC, it is the browser of choice.

Penton will continue to support I.E as long as it is practical and then, like the rest of the world, they won't.

Now regarding the other issues -- many of the fixes are underway. Please remember that we inherited this software version of vBulletin and it is the oldest version out there. It's not a snap to migrate to the new software (I believe it's version 4.5) and we don't want to break the site anymore than it is right now. Once we migrate, we have more control because our IT folks are more familiar with the newer version. They are not well versed in version 1.1. So yes, we're struggling a bit here and we appreciate your comments and patience.

Also -- to our moderators -- they are doing the best they can with the situation and we all owe them a great big note of appreciation for all the hard work they do.

It will get better. Maybe not as quickly as I would like, but it will. I promise.

Editor, thank for replying to our complaints. I believe most of us have been patient, very patient. But there comes a time that patience wears out and action is needed. I hope in the coming days, not weeks, some sort of action is taken.

Lusker, once again thank you for looking out for our interests.

Shane

Originally posted by workhorse
    Editor, thank for replying to our complaints. I believe most of us have been patient, very patient. But there comes a time that patience wears out and action is needed. I hope in the coming days, not weeks, some sort of action is taken.

Lusker, once again thank you for looking out for our interests.

Shane
    I was going to point you towards the barn ya old horse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123