Every now and then Vehicles around here with P.A.T.S. won't start, it mostly effects GM vehicles. It has something to do with the military, even though they deny it. They asked a mechanic, who refused to be identified, at a dealership how to get around it, and he basiclly said there wasn't a way. Just keep trying till the vehicle started.
I wonder who they are transmitting to? At a mile high they could cover a very large radius on the ground even at VHF frequencies. Since, they can't be shot down, (unless you happen to have stinger missles and a launcher), the only way to stop them would be to jam them. But what frequencies are they transmitting on? I'd also guess they are using spread spectrum modulation. Then you would have to have a mobile transmitter because they would triangulate a stationary transmitter on the ground. With a mobile transmitter to jam their signal, it wouldn't have as much power as a stationary transmitter. So, me thinks this is very hard to defend against. It does fell like 1984.
10% of life is what happens to you. The other 90% is how you deal with it.
As I understand it, some military drones (the larger ones) relay through a satellite. If so, then they ONLY receive commands from above... whoops.
Regardless... it appears living underground may be the only way to hide if that is your desire.
MeThinks we are a lot closer to a '1984 style' life than we believe. If it is a real issue... there will be movies about it soon. Shame the public only realizes these things when a movie (which is grossly inaccurate) comes out. Says a lot about how (not) smart the public is.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (state troopers) is already using autonomous drones to patrol the border for drug smuglers and I've seen a TV report that the Los Angeles Sheriffs Department has them in testing.
Do a search and check out the Global Hawk that the USAF plans on deploying. The capabilities are stunning and downright scary. Apparenty this bird can see through a sandstorm, snowstorm, rain and fog and flies at 60,000 ft. I saw a demonstration where it pick out a random carm on a New York freeway and it identified the make, model and year of the car and even told how many passengers were in it and the sex of the occupants. Future Weapons - Discovery Channel I think.
The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....