Post Likes

A poor student needs some help

Dear comunity,
    I' m a mechanical engineering student, almost getting my bachelor degree, I' m starting my thesis about screw crompressors but compressors aren' t tought in any course of my university curriculum, they only teach us about turbines. Could please anyone suggest me any book to start studying about this argument? I got a good thermodynamichal background but I need to start with basic topics with the compressors. thanks in advance ( I can read in Italian, English and Spanish)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Sorabella View Post
    Dear comunity,
    I' m a mechanical engineering student, almost getting my bachelor degree, I' m starting my thesis about screw crompressors but compressors aren' t tought in any course of my university curriculum, they only teach us about turbines. Could please anyone suggest me any book to start studying about this argument? I got a good thermodynamichal background but I need to start with basic topics with the compressors. thanks in advance ( I can read in Italian, English and Spanish)
    You should be able to find a lot of information on this subject, online. Id start here : http://www.bing.com/search?q=screw+v...2f6d&FORM=QBRE

Also, go to www.youtube.com and type in Advantages of Screw Compressors for air conditioning.

Post Likes
    Use the googler. Look up Vilter screw compressor, Mycom screw compressor and Bitzer screw compressor as a start.

Post Likes
    Thank you everyone, but I meant I'd like to start with some less practical and more educational, e.g. the equations which govern the compression and so on

Post Likes
    Marco

If you speak 3 languages you are way smarter than me!

I think most of us here will have factory information on helical rotor screw compressors.

Trane
    carrier
    York
    Vilter
    bitzer
    hitachi

Etc...

I don't know if we will have any of the science stuff you are looking for.

Frank