Somebody post a link..Im not sure how to.

Redstone Arsenal is developing the Throwbot, a soda can-sized robot to aid soldiers in quickly gathering more information about their immediate environment. The robot has a transmitter and camera; it has a range of about 100 feet. It weighs very little, but probably the most important aspect of this small (robot) is speed," said U.S. Marine Corps Col. Terry Griffin, program manager at the Robotics Systems Joint Project Office. "Other robots we have in the field now take a long time to set up and put into an area, and all the time our troops are exposed to enemy attack.
    "With the 'throwbot,' a soldier takes it out and throws it in somewhere to check out an area. They don't have to sit around for long."
    (From Military Considers Throwbot)

To provide an example of how a Throwbot might be used in the field, Colonel Griffin tossed a throwbot to the upstairs landing of a training facility, then used its videogame-like interface to maneuver it around the area until it spotted a possible assailant crouched against a wall.

"Is that good information to have before you go in there, or what?" asks Colonel Griffin.

The Throwbot class goes back a number of years; DARPA has been studying different structures and examples of robots that are capable of being thrown into service by the human operator. For example, the Small Unit Robot (developed in 2000) from the Charles Stark Draper Laboratory has a 16 centimeter diameter. It has 2-wheel skid steering with a tail stabilizer; it houses a video camera, RF receiver and video transmitter with a range of thirty meters.

An even smaller robot called a Scout can be used as a remote sensor; it could even be positioned initially with a grenade launcher. The Scout vehicles are cylindrical, 40mm in diameter and 110mm long. They can roll up 20-degree slopes, and hop over 4 obstacles (by winding and releasing a leaf-spring tail). The Scout sensor suite may include a video camera (fixed or mounted on a retractable pan-and-tilt unit), microphone, vibration sensor, gas sensor, and other sensors.

Here you go cw.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Scienc...sp?NewsNum=321

Pretty cool stuff.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Thanks man...I think its far out. I want one!

Be great fun in the womans locker room at the club.

You could put in ducts and have it book around to help you troubleshoot.

Originally posted by a\c don
    Here you go cw.

Pretty cool stuff.
    HA! Beat you to it

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Thanks man...I think its far out. I want one!

Be great fun in the womans locker room at the club.
    What I want is the remote control assault rifle. I seen it the other night on Discovery where it's an assault rifle attached to a remote tank like vehicle about 2 feet tall and pretty much go through any terrain.

Originally posted by workhorse
    Originally posted by a\c don
    Here you go cw.

Pretty cool stuff.
    HA! Beat you to it
    I'm a little slow on the keyboard.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.