Sell me on 1/2" hoses... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Nope.

I have the need for accurate, methodical and technically correct work.

Speed is not, nor has it ever been a very important factor in what I do.

Now, I'm not going to go back to evacuating through a 1/4" manifold with 1/4" low loss hoses and schraeders still installed but I'm not convinced yet that I need to drop a C-note on a pair of new 1/2" ID hoses.
    I'm in the same page here with jp. I've read the other threads and watched the videos posted, but have a hard time putting down the cash for a new system. More feedback from techs using the 1/2 inch hoses and tree in resi work would be great.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    I'm in the same page here with jp. I've read the other threads and watched the videos posted, but have a hard time putting down the cash for a new system. More feedback from techs using the 1/2 inch hoses and tree in resi work would be great.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not arguing against using a tree and larger bore hoses, just the need for me to upgrade from using 3/8" hoses to 1/2" hoses.

Evacuation time isn't a huge consideration for me, as I've got plenty of stuff to do while the pump is running.

Sometimes, I think we get stuck in high gear and wind up running around so fast we wind up kicking ourselves in the backsides.

I'm not arguing against using a tree and larger bore hoses, just the need for me to upgrade from using 3/8" hoses to 1/2" hoses.

Evacuation time isn't a huge consideration for me, as I've got plenty of stuff to do while the pump is running.

Sometimes, I think we get stuck in high gear and wind up running around so fast we wind up kicking ourselves in the backsides.
    You cannot get done fast enough when you are ready to go home for the day. Friday 4:30 is a good enough reason for me to have time on my side.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    You cannot get done fast enough when you are ready to go home for the day. Friday 4:30 is a good enough reason for me to have time on my side.
    I ain't in THAT much of a hurry to get home to the ball and chain...

OOOOOh hi honey (I'm dead Now)

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Old rule I was taught.

"Never adjust meat cases on a Friday."

Even at 4:30 on a Friday, I'm not rushing the job.

Old rule I was taught.

"Never adjust meat cases on a Friday."

Even at 4:30 on a Friday, I'm not rushing the job.
    There is a big difference between rushing and getting done quickly. There is no advantage to having to wait.
    JLB,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12