Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 31

Thread: Gas prices

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,218

    Gas prices

    ABC news is on crack. Twice in 2 weeks they have reported that gas prices have fallen under $3.00/gal.

    Not here. We're still at $3.29 and after the first report 2 weeks ago gas went up from $3.19 to $3.29. They listed Missouri as one of the states that are under $3.00. I only found one city so far, Sikeston, and that was one station at $2.99/gal.

    Typically SW. Mo. has one of the lowest prices in the country. Haven't seen gas under $3.00/ in months.

    ABC is off their rocker. BTW, they reported the national avg is $3.45.

    When the National avg. is under $3.00/gal. then we can dance in the streets. But we are far from that.

    What is everyone else paying?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    ABC news is on crack. Twice in 2 weeks they have reported that gas prices have fallen under $3.00/gal.

    Not here. We're still at $3.29 and after the first report 2 weeks ago gas went up from $3.19 to $3.29. They listed Missouri as one of the states that are under $3.00. I only found one city so far, Sikeston, and that was one station at $2.99/gal.

    Typically SW. Mo. has one of the lowest prices in the country. Haven't seen gas under $3.00/ in months.

    ABC is off their rocker. BTW, they reported the national avg is $3.45.

    When the National avg. is under $3.00/gal. then we can dance in the streets. But we are far from that.


    What is everyone else paying?


    Soon as the election is over, the price will jump up to over $4.00. Obama made a deal with the Saudies, and they will make it up when all is over.


    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    $3.19 last week in Va. They might find some place at 2.99 and then they can write their "news" story trying their best to salvage what they can to try and save Obama's sorry A$$. Gas is too Damn high. Wherever you are, everybody knows it.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    One of the main reasons has to do with the value of the American dollar. Gas is bbought and sold using green backs ( American Dollars ). The weaker the dollar is the more expensive gasoline is.

    Obama having any influence on the Saudis is doubtful. Hes done everything in his power to restrict oil drilling on public lands and off shore.

    He has no control over private lands.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    $4.49 per U.S. gallon.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,719
    Up the road a few miles from me is Gwinnet Mall area... there is a gas war going on... Price ranges from $3.09 to as low as $3.05, and if you have enough pints on your Kroger card, you can get under 3 bucks.

    Now down the street from me it is still $3.25... I bought $3.19 on the way home today.

    Crude went down a few more $$$'s the last two trading days this week... in the high 70's/bbl. I think we will see below 3 bucks all over the mall area by next weekend... except for the holiday traveling spike.

    The world is in a deflationary spiral, regardless of how much central banks inflate their money supplies. Problem is... when the economy finally starts ticking... we will see MASSIVE price inflation. I suspect $4+ per gallon within a year or so and never going below again.

    THX govt, for your wonderful management of the economy... maybe next time we should have real professionals manage things rather than dishonest greedy polecats (note I did not differentiate between parties).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Up the road a few miles from me is Gwinnet Mall area... there is a gas war going on... Price ranges from $3.09 to as low as $3.05, and if you have enough pints on your Kroger card, you can get under 3 bucks.

    Now down the street from me it is still $3.25... I bought $3.19 on the way home today.

    Crude went down a few more $$$'s the last two trading days this week... in the high 70's/bbl. I think we will see below 3 bucks all over the mall area by next weekend... except for the holiday traveling spike.

    The world is in a deflationary spiral, regardless of how much central banks inflate their money supplies. Problem is... when the economy finally starts ticking... we will see MASSIVE price inflation. I suspect $4+ per gallon within a year or so and never going below again.

    THX govt, for your wonderful management of the economy... maybe next time we should have real professionals manage things rather than dishonest greedy polecats (note I did not differentiate between parties).
    Actually it is not so much your government's fault this time but the Europeans. OK all you Americans repeat after me, 'It is not all about me.'
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,719
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Actually it is not so much your government's fault this time but the Europeans. OK all you Americans repeat after me, 'It is not all about me.'
    Oh, but it IS about America... We are the largest economy in the world, we are the biggest players in the investment markets... we are the biggest in oil production and usage... technology... markets... our US$ is the reserve currency of the world, our central bank is the largest in the world (and dictates policy to most other central banks) and a host of other things.

    Oh, and do not find some obscure link saying different... we know one can prove anything (right or wrong) with a link... so links are worthless.

    It is just dreaming for a small-fry to think the good old USA is not #1... or jealousy...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Oh, but it IS about America... We are the largest economy in the world, we are the biggest players in the investment markets... we are the biggest in oil production and usage... technology... markets... our US$ is the reserve currency of the world, our central bank is the largest in the world (and dictates policy to most other central banks) and a host of other things.

    Oh, and do not find some obscure link saying different... we know one can prove anything (right or wrong) with a link... so links are worthless.

    It is just dreaming for a small-fry to think the good old USA is not #1... or jealousy...
    Yeah but no matter what you do you can not isolate yourself from the mess in Europe. The world financial markets are too tied together.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,970
    Just checked ........... vary around town from $3.53 to $3.62

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Yeah but no matter what you do you can not isolate yourself from the mess in Europe. The world financial markets are too tied together.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-17-firms.html

    Oh give me a home where the repo's don't rome and the sky is all cloudy all day.
    FEN

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    835
    $3.10-3.29 here. For no ethanol add .10 a gallon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,234
    Its around 3.01 to 3.05 around here.....have a few places selling for 2.99 and when you get into certain areas it can go as high as the teens.... 3.14 or 3.15 or so but thats the middle of nowhere places where they gouge you on everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event