A woman goes into Wal-Mart to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday.* She doesn't know which one to get so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter.* A salesman is standing there with dark shades on.

She says, "Excuse me sir, can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"* He says, "Ma'am I'm completely blind, but if you'll drop it on the counter I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound it makes."

She doesn't believe him, but drops it on the counter anyway. He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with Zebco 404 reel and 10-pound test line. It's a good all around combination and it's on sale this week for only $20.00. "She says, "It's amazing that you can tell all
that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter; I'll take it."* The woman opens her purse and sees her wallet drop to the floor.

As she bends down to pick it up she accidentally passes gas.* At first she is really embarrassed, but then concludes there is no way he could tell it was her.* Being blind, he wouldn't know that she was the only person around.

The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $34.50 please."** The woman*is totally confused by this and says, "Didn't you tell me it was on special for $20.00?* How did you get $34.50?" He replies, "Yes Ma'am, the rod and reel is $20.00, but the duck call is $11.00 and the catfish bait is $3.50!"