Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fwed up with my H-10

My H10 works great on CFCs but sucks vacuum on blends and especially 410 A, even when turned up to full sensitivity.

What the hell is the best (or one of the best) 410A detector out there and can you please tell me why?

What I mean is I know that the sensor of the H10 will "burn" off much of the chemical constituents of410 leaving very little of the the detectable elements to sound a solid detection.

So what do the the so called dedicated 410 detectors use that makes them more reliable than an H10?

Dtek select. I love it. Super sensitive, put it over a small 410a leak and it beeps. I don't know what makes it work, but it sure works.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    My H10 works great on CFCs but sucks vacuum on blends and especially 410 A, even when turned up to full sensitivity.

What the hell is the best (or one of the best) 410A detector out there and can you please tell me why?

What I mean is I know that the sensor of the H10 will "burn" off much of the chemical constituents of410 leaving very little of the the detectable elements to sound a solid detection.

So what do the the so called dedicated 410 detectors use that makes them more reliable than an H10?
    I have had ZERO problems using the H-10 on 400 series blends.

I don't have a lot of experience with R410a in particular, but I've found a LOT of 402a and 404a leaks along with 134a, 407a, 507 and other HFCs.

Good for you. But that is not what I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkman View Post
    Dtek select. I love it. Super sensitive, put it over a small 410a leak and it beeps. I don't know what makes it work, but it sure works.
    I put the Inficon rep on the ropes at the supply house last week.

I spent a good bit of time hammering him about why his leak detector has continuously and repeatedly FAILED to locate sizeable leaks.

All he could come up with what "It's the best selling leak detector." and "You're killing me"

Inficon has already sent me a new detector and it and many other D-tek Selects have FAILED miserably and repeatedly to locate even moderate sized leaks.

What I'm trying to say is that the H-10 is THE BEST leak detector regardless of what flavor of refrigerant that you're dealing with.

If I got no problem locating R22 leaks than I know it's not my skill that is lacking.

Even Yakagowa admitted you have to work harder at finding 410 A leaks cause the H10 just can't detect them as readily as it does CFCs.

I just need a second detector that is strictly for 410A or blends.

If I got no problem locating R22 leaks than I know it's not my skill that is lacking.

Even Yakagowa admitted you have to work harder at finding 410 A leaks cause the H10 just can't detect them as readily as it does CFCs.

I just need a second detector that is strictly for 410A or blends.
    You don't need a second detector.

Run the H-10 to small and reset the sensitivity. When it goes off, you got your leak.

Does your have the "Sensor Saver" feature with the 3 LEDs?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    You don't need a second detector.

Run the H-10 to small and reset the sensitivity. When it goes off, you got your leak.

Does your have the "Sensor Saver" feature with the 3 LEDs?
    ROTFLMAO! You kidding? My H10 is half as old as your career. It has a power toggle and sensitivity knob and a low-med-high slide selector switch.

Replaced the sensor 'til I'm blue in the face...NADA on 410A on highest sensitivity.

BTW thanks for the help....I'm ready to pitch the thing after owning H10s for thirty years.

ROTFLMAO! You kidding? My H10 is half as old as your career. It has a power toggle and sensitivity knob and a low-med-high slide selector switch.

Replaced the sensor 'til I'm blue in the face...NADA on 410A on highest sensitivity.

BTW thanks for the help....I'm ready to pitch the thing after owning H10s for thirty years.
    So is mine.

Older, actually.

I've got one of the plug-in models that I use, too, but I don't use it much anymore as it is a pain to drag a few hundred feet of cord. Not to mention that the safety nazis would have my head.

I have heard good things about the TIF ZX-1, but have no personal experience with it.

I might jab at ya a little, but I respect you, clover.

So is mine.

Older, actually.

I've got one of the plug-in models that I use, too, but I don't use it much anymore as it is a pain to drag a few hundred feet of cord. Not to mention that the safety nazis would have my head.

I have heard good things about the TIF ZX-1, but have no personal experience with it.

I might jab at ya a little, but I respect you, clover.

I figured that...same here RSESer....30year member, me.

I figured that...same here RSESer....30year member, me.
    Shoot...

I'm only 37.

I got a lot of catching up to do.

Shoot...

I'm only 37.

I got a lot of catching up to do.
    See I know STUFF!

See I know STUFF!
    I'm a quick study.

I know that I don't know enough and never will and that is all that I need to know.

Ya know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast