Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    You will be making a mistake. Digitals are much more accurate than analogs. They do the measurements quicker than you can manually.

Don't be afraid of them...call Fieldpiece or Testo sales dept and talk to a sales rep.

You will be surprised at what your missing.
    I'm not afraid of the technology, I just dont like wasting money. I'm sure we all have a tool or two that we wish we didnt buy or we could take back. But thats a great idea to talk to the manufacturer, I'm gonna do that on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    The main problem was that after some use the calibration went far enough out that the calibration screw was unable to zero them anymore. Other than that they were fine. The case is ABS impact resistant plastic, very stout. The technology is actually impressive, the delivery apparently not. The bourdon tube forms half of a parallel plate capacitor. As it flexes under pressure the capacitance changes, and that change in capacitance is converted into a change in pressure on the display. But they're useless when the accuracy isn't there. If not for that I'd still be using them.
    Uh...I was under the impression that digitals didn't rely bourdon tubes and were therefore more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Uh...I was under the impression that digitals didn't rely bourdon tubes and were therefore more accurate?
    Those are a bastardized version.

Just wondering clover why all the hate for digicool besides the temp sensor why u got such a hate on for them. What set of digis do you own that made u hate them so much you feel the need to insult anybody that owns them.
    For some reason I learn more with my mouth shut

What? I'm the one gettin' busted on for not owning a set.

I think it's a great product but I don't want them shoved on me...I'll buy a set when I want to....not when somebody says I must.

I own a Testo 557 and a SMAN 3....when it comes out I'll buy the SMAN 4 or anything new in the digital field that Testo comes up with.

What? I'm the one gettin' busted on for not owning a set.

I think it's a great product but I don't want them shoved on me...I'll buy a set when I want to....not when somebody says I must.

I own a Testo 557 and a SMAN 3....when it comes out I'll buy the SMAN 4 or anything new in the digital field that Testo comes up with.
    The digi's are better, even with broken sensor leads!

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    The digi's are better, even with broken sensor leads!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    . You be the judge , but check the older posts to see why we are where we are.
    What? The Diggi Cool Zombie Army?J/K Tech 45

Quote Originally Posted by stay gold jonny View Post
    Craze, I'm the same way bud, always breaking stuff! Not on purpose, bad luck seems to follow me around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazecodyk View Post
    I tend to shy away from any plastic gauges for my manifolds..never fails that i end up breaking them...i like the gauges filled with glycol but havn't found any that are metal and 410 rated yet
    Well considering a week does not go by with out some body posting a few times that they had to rebuild the temp clamp, I would say there is.

I have an SMAN 3 And a Testo 557 and I love the hell outa of 'em.

I have never been able to save so much time before, taking SC and SH measurements. I Favor the SMAN 3.

With the treatment that these guys are describing, I give the Testos a week and the Fischer Price SMANs two.

Digicool makes a REAL field instrument that is capable of taking the bumps and knocks that service life gives it without flinching.

Guys here have DC instruments that are 5 and 6 years old that have never had an issue.

Almost EVERYONE who has a Testo or an SMAN has had a warranty claim of some sort that requires the instrument be sent back to the manufacturer for service, including hvaclover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWamNXAxIA Waterproof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGAMurcfTQ Tough as heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2DMphCG_ug Freeze proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHL51J0LMI 1/4PSI per 1/4 second accurate NO OTHER RSA OFFERS THIS COMBINATION OF SPEED AND ACCURACY!

Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    Just wondering clover why all the hate for digicool besides the temp sensor why u got such a hate on for them. What set of digis do you own that made u hate them so much you feel the need to insult anybody that owns them.
    Despite the fact that he knows it isn't the proper way to pull a vacuum, all he can come up with against the DC is that it doesn't have a micron gauge and that the sensor wires break.

EVEN THOUGH the SMAN is noted by the manufacturer as NOT being accurate enough for proper evacuations.

I'm not even going INTO the fact that the SMAN sensors have to be constantly calibrated to even think about trusting them.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    With the treatment that these guys are describing, I give the Testos a week and the Fischer Price SMANs two.

Digicool makes a REAL field instrument that is capable of taking the bumps and knocks that service life gives it without flinching.

Guys here have DC instruments that are 5 and 6 years old that have never had an issue.

Almost EVERYONE who has a Testo or an SMAN has had a warranty claim of some sort that requires the instrument be sent back to the manufacturer for service, including hvaclover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWamNXAxIA Waterproof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGAMurcfTQ Tough as heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2DMphCG_ug Freeze proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHL51J0LMI 1/4PSI per 1/4 second accurate NO OTHER RSA OFFERS THIS COMBINATION OF SPEED AND ACCURACY!
    Watched all the videos, and I won't argue the toughness of the digi-cools.BUT I watched the Fieldpiece torture videos as well, and those seem tough too!
    I'm not hatin any brands, just looking for what will suit my needs best.

I'll drink to that , lol.

If we were manufacturers of tools our stuff would be perfect. The reality is that they do the best that they can for a " target " price range. I wish that they would offer " alternate price ranges " within a product line and there would be no issue with me unless the best failed.

We all want the same thing I'm sure.

This was a response to post 34 clover , things happened in the duration of my resonse. Sorry if it seems out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Despite the fact that he knows it isn't the proper way to pull a vacuum, all he can come up with against the DC is that it doesn't have a micron gauge and that the sensor wires break.

EVEN THOUGH the SMAN is noted by the manufacturer as NOT being accurate enough for proper evacuations.

I'm not even going INTO the fact that the SMAN sensors have to be constantly calibrated to even think about trusting them.
    FYI. I use a micron gauge and Appion 3/8 evac hoses, not the manifold/micron gauge on most work.

I am emphasizing the the service and trouble shooting benefits of the SMAN 3 as being superior.

didn't even mention evac-ing in my post so where is the relevance?

But since you brought it up I will admit I will pull a vac thru my SMAN 3 with 1/4 YJ Charging/evac hoses and my JB micron gauge (when I feel like killing time on a job).

I have no problem calibrating my SMAN. I checked it when I first got it and it's still right on the money, months later.

BTW can your Diggi calculate target super heat? Measued WB and DB?

And the SMAN is faster than Diggi on measurements.

All the videos you listed not one showed a Diggi hooked to a system and functioning.

And since MANY MORE SMANS and Tstos are sold than Diggi, of course there will be a higher number of warranty calls. Probably more than the total sales of Diggi in the last three years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast