Hybrid View

Digi-cools and refrigerant dye

Does anyone know if the dye can effect the transducers on the digi cools? I was working on a unit that had dye in it. Wish I would've known so I could've used the analogs instead. I did have to pull out some charge from unit. Read 1psi afterward with manifold open. I have gotten .6hg on low side before. Did zero out and at 0 now. Just hoping dye doesn't hurt their accuracy. I couldn't tell you brand of dye. 1st time customer no previous tags of service history.
    Thanks in advance!
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    Does anyone know if the dye can effect the transducers on the digi cools? I was working on a unit that had dye in it. Wish I would've known so I could've used the analogs instead. I did have to pull out some charge from unit. Read 1psi afterward with manifold open. I have gotten .6hg on low side before. Did zero out and at 0 now. Just hoping dye doesn't hurt their accuracy. I couldn't tell you brand of dye. 1st time customer no previous tags of service history.
    Thanks in advance!

It has no effect on then what so ever. I have several sets and one is used for mobile a/c only which pretty much every oem uses dye in their vehicles. Also the slight hg and psi readings like you had is also normal. Just hit the zero button and all well again. I am not sure what would effect the transducers that Digicool uses but have yet to have anything in this industry cause any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    Thanks in advance!

Your fine, it won't harm them at all. In fact you would really have to go out of your way to harm the transducers in the digi-cool.

The parts of the transducers that come in contact with the refrigerant are all made out of stainless steel.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.